WFH Crew Check in Thread

iman29

Didn’t know this thread was here since I worked at home for 10 years. Until I went on FUnemployment the last 11.5 months. After getting laid off.

Starting new job this coming Monday and now it was supposed to be office but now it’s WFH until minimum May 1. Winning.

iman29

Officially back on the WFH wagon as of yesterday I am on the payroll (whoo hoo). Yesterday was a freebie day since they had to adapt the onboarding of employee process so my work laptop is supposed to be here by Fedex at 10:30am. then I gotta get it up and running but the company is WFH until May 1 as of right now.

However, I have a letter declaring me "essential worker" since it's IT support that supports making lifesaving drugs so I might need to go to office for something. Im juts glad to be collecting paycheck once again.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
3rd week of Google Classroom for me. No video component, just reading assignments and (mostly) daily written response for students. They're calling it "remote learning" in our district. We just did our first Zoom-based faculty meeting.

I'd way rather be in the classroom with the students, having discussions and looking at the reading together. You know, teaching. I can't complain about the extra sleep or not doing my relatively short (35 minutes each way) commute, but grading work and staring at a screen are my least favorite parts of being a teacher, and it looks like that's all we'll be doing for the rest of the school year.

Robin

@ChrisG I agree. I am not "required" to do live classes but I've been holding Meets just to check in with my kids. I just finished an hour with my AP kids - and it was more of a "checking in" session, which is what they really needed.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Feel free to play copy-cat. Oh and leave the Shockwiz with the good beer plz

too long a drive just for that, if this thing had waited another week for work to shutdown (or even another day into the week we got) youd probably have it already

xc62701

WFH sucks. There are some benefits but I'd rather be seeing my students in person. Just one of their usually easy to answer questions takes so much more time with this "Distance Learning". For me it's literally twice the work of a normal work day. I'm sick of staring at the screen as well. I'm forcing myself to sit and answer questions and get some chores done and check in again. Rinse and repeat and then try to ride my bike when things calm down. I know this will be the new normal for me for a while so I'm trying to get settled in. I went into work the other day to clean out anything I may need for the end of the year. I don't think I'll see my classroom until September at this point.

Top Bottom