Welcome! The 2008 mtbnj.com Race Team!

Just wanted to tack on that we have another rider on the men's team. Please join me in welcoming Wazu aka Gerald.

And yes, we are working on a women's team but we're not complete right now so we're holding off on that announcement, which will be a new post in itself, not tacked on to the initial post here. Wazu however gets the tack:

Wazu
Real World Name: Gerald Daniele
Class: SS Sport
Town: Budd Lake
Strength: Mind over matter.
Why I ride: Pain
What started me riding: My wife saw an ad for mountain bikes in 1998. She thought it might be a good way to build up my bum leg.
Marital Status: Married, 4 Children
What I wanted to be when I was a kid: Not in trouble.
Best idea of a good time: Finding bits of time alone between the kids, wife and work. Riding's my favorite but golf and boating do the trick too.
Favorite riding spots: Allamuchy, Hartshorne, Mahlon, Kittatiny. Twisty Singletrack.
Bio:Ok at 16...jumping over cars, high jump, pole vault, long jump, triple jump. Then I got hit by car doing 50. Flew up three bus heights high (that's what they tell me. The whole school saw it). Then I couldn't do much after that. The doctors were able to make me walk after an operation but also said that I wouldn't be able to do real sports anymore. Twenty years later my wife saw an ad for bikes that go in the woods! We bought them but I was unable to ride so I taught myself to ice skate in order to be able to maybe ride the bike by next season. Tried six months later to ride the Palisades Trail and I was able to go almost a half a mile. Two years later I Raced beginner at Ringwood 6th out of 22. Raced 7th out of 21 at Mahlon Dickerson. The last two years have been totally bikeless but I moved back to this area so I picked up a single speed and a Stumpjumper to try and build up the leg again. My Stumpjumper from Romania never arrived. No, I don't want to talk about it. I only have a single speed but ya know what, glad about it too. It's made me a stronger rider.

Awesome bio. This only strengthens my convictions that mountain biking is the best everything!

congrats to everyone on the new team! very cool. i look forward to seeing you at next years H2H races. i'll be moving up to sport after a good beginner season this past year.
take care,
gt

Back
Top Bottom