Welcome! The 2008 mtbnj.com Race Team!

You need to set up some sort of boot camp for the new recruits. I volunteer for hill climb drill sergeant ;)

Oh no! Don't let this happen otherwise you're bound to have at least 2 of the team keel over before the first week.

I like granola!

You need to set up some sort of boot camp for the new recruits. I volunteer for hill climb drill sergeant ;)

I'm in!:drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

Seems like they put together a good group & I'm glad to be a part of it.

Thats great news, a great group of riders put together, well done.

I feel privileged, one of the team left me a voice mail today.

I now can chat with guys at work about what team I root for.

2008 should be a fun year.

Kudos to you,..Guys!

Great to finally have a Mtbnj race team! IT will be great to see you guy out on the trails and in the fire of the fight,....if not humorously following along. The H2H series will never be the same.

Hope to ride with you guys too, and heck, at the All Girls Day rides I will try to recruit some happy go luck girl racers for you. Although, the more group rides you lead,..I'm sure you will find your own. Heck,...how many of you are married? Maurice,...you and your wife did awesome at the Darkhorse 40 as a Duo team,...hummmmm

See you guys at the 24! Smiles, NJ Jess

It is definately a privelage and honor. Not that i would consider myself to be a high level caliber of talent, but i guess even a .22 can do some damage. :D

Obviously it's early days yet but it would be great to see the official team race calendar then, after us mere mortals have bought mtbnj.com shirts, we can plan to be support crew at the races. If we show up with a full bunch of people in matchy-match balerina outfits then we'll really look like we mean business!

check out our sponsor tonight!!!

in what can only be described as a phenomenal power move by the top brass here at mtbnj.com, our charter sponsor, FEED Granola will be featured tonight on CNBC with the "he's more than famous, he's infamous!" donny deutsch. see the details below.

we FEED!

do you?

FEED Granola Co. is featured on "The Big Idea" with Donny Deutsch!

CNBC was kind enough to invite the granola guys on the set of The Big Idea to discuss the steps in creating FEED Granola Co. with Donny Deutsch. It is a brief interview, but we had a great time. Please watch TONIGHT (8/23) on CNBC at 10:00 pm and then again at 1:00 am (if you missed the first show).

Below is a description of the show and a link to the website.

"The Big Idea" is your roadmap to the American Dream. Each weeknight, Donny Deutsch, the maverick CEO who built a multi-billion dollar advertising and media business, introduces you to the men and women who have made BILLIONS with their Big Idea. Whether it's a one-on-one with Bill Gates, a special American Dream series town hall with John Paul Dejoria, or just the average entrepreneur next door who became a millionaire because they asked, "why not me?" -- the secrets of their success can make you rich.

Their stories. Your roadmap to the American Dream. The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch, weeknights at 10p/1am on CNBC.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15838512/site/14081545/

having worked at donny's agency for awhile, (and being uniquely seated behind his personal assistant and across from his office) i can tell you first hand this guy is a character. let's just say that donny had a 'unique' way of interviewing new hires, handing out promotions and pitching new business.

my background? well, there's a wall, with a calendar, a phone list.. oh THE OTHER BACKGROUND..., i like bikes. all kinds of bikes.. been riding bikes a long time.. me likey bikes.. just let me know if i can every lead a ride or show you guys around the mooch or ringwood.

phat

Nelson is damn strong and smooth. Ridden w/ him on a few occasions. A great guy to boot!

So when and where does everyone ride. Like most others, I work, too much. But I ride to work. There are many days this just is not really fun. I am in Boonton, ride at the Tourne..... a lot. I knew every log and branch until it was sterilized!!!! I have a house in Chestertown NY, near Gore mountain, Lake George, etc. Anyone ever get up that way? Also have a place (Dad's house) in VT near Sugarbush. The best singletrack ever at the Hinesburg Town Forest
http://www.fotwheel.org/hinesburg.php
My training has slacked due to lack of pack bonding. Just looking for a whell to follow once in a while. I'll make you faster too!

My training has slacked due to lack of pack bonding. Just looking for a whell to follow once in a while. I'll make you faster too!

You could join us this weekend, we'll be putting in a few miles at Allamuchy.;) The packs will be plenty big enough & lots of wheels to follow.

I, too, am really stoked about being part of this.

In my desire to keep my bio brief, I failed to mention a couple of things that are notable parts of the picture:

*I'm married fifteen years, no children, two cats. My wife, Christine, has always dabbled in riding, but recently has shown a much greater enthusiasm for hitting the trails, so you'll be seeing her out there more and more I suspect.

*I've been racing for 3D Racing Team, based out of Atlantic Highlands, since the team's inception in 1996. My association with this road-focused club has been instrumental in my development as a rider, and I've striven to assume a road-leader role within the team over the past few years. As of now, my affiliation with 3D will continue on the road and cyclocross circuit for 2008, while I proudly don the Team MTBNJ colors on the mountain bike.

Again, I am really looking forward to the development of the MTBNJ.COM Race Team and am honored to be a part of a group that is doing a great deal to promote our sport.

Congratulations

Hey Congratulations MBTNJ Racers! Sorry for the late post but I never saw the thread. I'll definately make it to a few races to support our team. If you guys need help on race day and I'm available I'd be glad to hold water bottles or whatever the team may need at the time. Looks like we have stellar representation too! Good Luck! ~ :p

Just wanted to tack on that we have another rider on the men's team. Please join me in welcoming Wazu aka Gerald.

And yes, we are working on a women's team but we're not complete right now so we're holding off on that announcement, which will be a new post in itself, not tacked on to the initial post here. Wazu however gets the tack:

Wazu
Real World Name: Gerald Daniele
Class: SS Sport
Town: Budd Lake
Strength: Mind over matter.
Why I ride: Pain
What started me riding: My wife saw an ad for mountain bikes in 1998. She thought it might be a good way to build up my bum leg.
Marital Status: Married, 4 Children
What I wanted to be when I was a kid: Not in trouble.
Best idea of a good time: Finding bits of time alone between the kids, wife and work. Riding's my favorite but golf and boating do the trick too.
Favorite riding spots: Allamuchy, Hartshorne, Mahlon, Kittatiny. Twisty Singletrack.
Bio:Ok at 16...jumping over cars, high jump, pole vault, long jump, triple jump. Then I got hit by car doing 50. Flew up three bus heights high (that's what they tell me. The whole school saw it). Then I couldn't do much after that. The doctors were able to make me walk after an operation but also said that I wouldn't be able to do real sports anymore. Twenty years later my wife saw an ad for bikes that go in the woods! We bought them but I was unable to ride so I taught myself to ice skate in order to be able to maybe ride the bike by next season. Tried six months later to ride the Palisades Trail and I was able to go almost a half a mile. Two years later I Raced beginner at Ringwood 6th out of 22. Raced 7th out of 21 at Mahlon Dickerson. The last two years have been totally bikeless but I moved back to this area so I picked up a single speed and a Stumpjumper to try and build up the leg again. My Stumpjumper from Romania never arrived. No, I don't want to talk about it. I only have a single speed but ya know what, glad about it too. It's made me a stronger rider.

As I alluded to a few days ago, Nelson aka Phatbiker has also joined the MTBNJ.com team which seems to be getting stronger by the week:

Phatbiker
Real world name: Nelson
Race class: Sport Master
Results:
5th place Dark Horse 40, 2007
24 Hours of Allamuchy Corporate Champions 2006
24 Hours of Allamuchy 4 Person Team Master Champions 2005
Genesis 12 Hour Race Wawaywanda, NJ 4 Person Champions 2005
Biggest cycling accomplishment: Riding from Panama City, Panama to Brownsville, Texas, 2,800 miles in 32 days. August 1999
Most Memorable cycling experience: Riding with Miguel Indurian for about 1 hour in 1995 as he prepared to break the hour record in Bogota, Colombia. (he didn’t break it)

BIO: I did BMX for about 10 years in the late 70’s and early 80’s. I stopped riding briefly for a couple of years but got on the bike again in 1989. I spent about 5 years living in South America and was able to train and ride with some big names in cycling. I learned a lot and more importantly learned that I still have a lot to learn! I really don’t train these days. I just like to ride my bike. A typical week for me is SS on Tuesday, six inch bike on Wed, back to SS on Thurs and then the six inch bike for the weekend.

As for my non-biking life, I’m married and have two sons. I have a cat named Hunter that loves Kirt.

Back
Top Bottom