Weekend Report ???

bla. there were a ton of people at kvsp. the conditions were wet but very rideable. the rail trails were the worst.

A ton of people just multiples any impact. I keep reading reports of "a little wet" or "a little mushy". To me, that means skip it for now. For the most part, the roads all over the state are still wet in spots. The trails are only going to be worse.

I understand I'm way in the minority with this, as I see most of the Jorba reps and, well basically everyone out riding the day after it rains on melting snow. But as long as I'm trying to coordinate this trail conditions thing, that's what I think is best. To stay off the trails when they're wet and mushy.

Zoller - apologies as I missed your post. You're my hero, as well. Just below Fred :)

Didn't even bother with the bike today because I couldn't imagine the conditions being good anywhere. Did a trail run on the Palisades instead. Yes, it was muddy as hell in many parts. Keep in mind this is a place that drains pretty well/rapidly. That said, the rest of NJ trails must be a mess.

I'm surprised so many people got out on the bikes. Can't be much fun with all the slop.

JORBA reps out riding after rain/snow? Did Brett get wind of this? In all seriousness, that's pretty lame.

A ton of people just multiples any impact. I keep reading reports of "a little wet" or "a little mushy". To me, that means skip it for now. For the most part, the roads all over the state are still wet in spots. The trails are only going to be worse.

I understand I'm way in the minority with this, as I see most of the Jorba reps and, well basically everyone out riding the day after it rains on melting snow. But as long as I'm trying to coordinate this trail conditions thing, that's what I think is best. To stay off the trails when they're wet and mushy.

Zoller - apologies as I missed your post. You're my hero, as well. Just below Fred :)

I just got off the road where the last 45 minutes was frozen rain smacking me in the face. OUCH

I got to enjoy about 20 minutes of this punishment too. Those little pellets sting like hell when your going 25 mph. OTOH, I discovered some absolutely gorgeous back roads of Hunterdon County today.

truth be told, if it weren't for that titus i wouldn't have ridden. i just didn't know when i'd get a chance to ride a $4000 bike again.

JORBA reps out riding after rain/snow? Did Brett get wind of this? In all seriousness, that's pretty lame.

All of the JORBA reps I know who rode today did it in Allaire, I was with or saw all of them. Allaire is rideable. Yes there are some mud puddles here and there, and they will be there until March or April. They would be there if no one rode/ran/horsed Allaire at all. They are indicators of a section of trail that need attention to drainage. They do get worse when people consistently ride/run or steer the horse around them, which sucks....but come summer they will be a distant memory thanks to the people who come out and do trail maintenance.

All of the JORBA reps I know who rode today did it in Allaire, I was with or saw all of them. Allaire is rideable. Yes there are some mud puddles here and there, and they will be there until March or April. They would be there if no one rode/ran/horsed Allaire at all. They are indicators of a section of trail that need attention to drainage. They do get worse when people consistently ride/run or steer the horse around them, which sucks....but come summer they will be a distant memory thanks to the people who come out and do trail maintenance.

Ken,

Thanks to you & frank and everyone else on the ride today. Sorry I couldn't stick around, as my family was anxiouslly awaiting my return.

Hope to do it again soon. The trails were alot of fun, untill I ran out of steam.

Gary

Ken,

Thanks to you & frank and everyone else on the ride today. Sorry I couldn't stick around, as my family was anxiouslly awaiting my return.

Hope to do it again soon. The trails were alot of fun, untill I ran out of steam.

Gary

Great meeting you today Gary. Fun ride, too bad we could not show ya everything at Allaire.

Ken,

Gary

I didnt see any steam lost....nice meeting you and great ride. When you come back hopefully it will be frozen and we can show you some of the new stuff and a few of the older trails we avoided today.

Back
Top Bottom