Wawayanda Newbie

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Live and ride regularly at Allamuchy North & Deer Park, but heard good things about Wawayanda. Any trail suggestions for an intermediate rider?

Live and ride regularly at Allamuchy North & Deer Park, but heard good things about Wawayanda. Any trail suggestions for an intermediate rider?

Find the race thread. It has the race route in there you can use.

Definitely look up Panhead - he rides and knows Waway very well. I also ride Waway around 2x weekly so drop me a PM if you're riding the intermediate stuff.

Do the race loop + rattlesnake. It's a good loop.

If you know any gps stuff, this might help, a project I'm working on.
http://gtluke.com/mapwiki/index.php/Wawayanda

Nice map, Luke! I noticed you missed a couple of trails. I could send them to you, but I have no idea how to do it.

A nice loop is combining 08 and 09's race course,adding pickle, CLIMB rattlesnake, tombstone down back to pickle and grab the course again.

Start down by the dam, Take Wingdam, right on Sitting Bear to end. Right on Laurel Pond, Right on Cherry Ridge. Look on left for the White trail(lookout) go all the way to the lake, whn you get to the lake look on the right for Pickle. At the end go almost diagonal across the fire road (remember this sopt) climb Rattlesnake, at top follow trail to right and you will be on Tombstone. Take to bottom, make right on Turkey Ridge. Follow down to Pickle- you remember this spot? Take Pickle to the end, hang right and follow White to Old Coal(red), stay straight, it will run into Cherry Ridge(black). Take red trail on Right, its at the bottom of a little hill. go over the 2 wood bridges to intersection. If you go straight, you can try Nature Jims Bridge, do it and turn around.Back at intersection, make Right, continue to next intersection, both are red,stay Left take that up and over mountain. At bottom make Left to intersection with Double Pond. Left into Campground cross bridge, keeping furnace on your right. You are now back to where you started. Probably about 8.5-9 miles. Most of the rocks are in the first half of the ride. There is some nice stuff further back.

Every time i go i do this loop and it is awesome and easy to follow:

http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1532

Question to those experienced with Wawa: If you take the the trail that starts near the park entrance and follow that, past eagle rock trail, and take a right onto double pond, what is the deal with the singletrack off to the left on double pond that you encounter before that swamp trail? I took double pond to the base of red dot and that wasn't much fun with all of the water.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions