*** Vtc Events ***

Triple Bypass. :rofl:

Keep it up you guys! Well just not at a fast pace that is.:)

I hope to see you all for a ride or two. Just so damn far!

Waywa Fireworks 11am 7/4

EABODS and I have a Bad A55 loop planed for about 11am Thursday the 4th. We will be hitting the park from the Barry Lakes entrance and past the beach. We might hit the beach on the way back:hmmm:. Trust me if you can make it you won't be disapointed. 3hrs. of riding and you'll never hit the same trail. :cool:

see ya there,

-rf

EABODS and I have a Bad A55 loop planed for about 11am Thursday the 4th. We will be hitting the park from the Barry Lakes entrance and past the beach. We might hit the beach on the way back:hmmm:. Trust me if you can make it you won't be disapointed. 3hrs. of riding and you'll never hit the same trail. :cool:

see ya there,

-rf

do you have the route mapped on gps? i may be able to make it tomorrow. where can i find everyone? seem to always get lost meeting ppl :confused:

Sorry no gps

No GPS, No Heart rate monitors, No Cycling Computers

Just riding some sweet single track for 2.5-3hrs.

-rf

not sure if the ride is still a go after last night's rain. if you're still riding, let me know otherwise i'll catch you on the next ride.

Waywa Today

We did make it out, but due to family delay we had to wait until around 12noon to head into the woods. The ground was mostly dried up, but the roots were still a little slick. Great day to work on the technical skills. A good time was had by all. :D

Monday/Tuesday triple Bypass loop 54+ miles of sick sick hills.

peace,

-rf

We did make it out, but due to family delay we had to wait until around 12noon to head into the woods. The ground was mostly dried up, but the roots were still a little slick. Great day to work on the technical skills. A good time was had by all. :D

Monday/Tuesday triple Bypass loop 54+ miles of sick sick hills.

peace,

-rf

Do you guys have any idea of how much elevation you guys are getting?

Do you guys have any idea of how much elevation you guys are getting?

No, not a clue. Mapmyride does not account for smaller hills only the big climbs are used in the total elevation gain.

If it wasn't for mapmyride.com I woundn't even know how many miles each loop was. I just ride for time 1.5, 2, 3, 4 hrs, or whenever my wife tells me to be home plus 15-30 min for a "flat".:D There will be some off-site rides further south this year. (less elevation though)

I do however know that it is more elevation than graveyardman67 (BC or WC) is getting. HAHA :rofl:

-rf

Independence Day

Here at VTC we celebrate our nation's independence by riding. But there is, perhaps, a more important celebration of independence to be had. And that is, independence from work. We at VTC believe that work - to put it bluntly - sucks a d. Therefore, to be a member of an elite training camp such as this you must first be unemployed. Please do not show up to a VTC event yacking and complaining about work because, we don't want to hear it. You should set up your life to work as little as possible and ride as much as you can. Sell your extra house or your silly gas-guzzling cars. Let your kids take out student loans for their college or, better yet, tell them to be plumbers or construction workers as these people in many cases make more money than their "white collar" counterparts who spent 4-6 years mindlessly walking around a college campus while their parents payed for it. The point is, do whatever you have to do to not work, at least in the blissful summer months where riding in NJ is at its best. To be honest, July 4th's ride, while blissful in terms of hours of singletrack, lacked a lil' sumpa-sumpin because everybody else wasn't working also. I can't wait until next week's ride while the proletariat are chained up again. VTC will hold an off-site event in Killington, VT, next week, no need to change the acronym.

Toodles,

EABODS

GW in da H
LWD
T
BTR

No, not a clue. Mapmyride does not account for smaller hills only the big climbs are used in the total elevation gain.

If it wasn't for mapmyride.com I woundn't even know how many miles each loop was. I just ride for time 1.5, 2, 3, 4 hrs, or whenever my wife tells me to be home plus 15-30 min for a "flat".:D There will be some off-site rides further south this year. (less elevation though)

I do however know that it is more elevation than graveyardman67 (BC or WC) is getting. HAHA :rofl:

-rf

Well if you do come down this way, there is still some fun to be had even with some good elevation change. Let us know when your planning on coming down. We would be happy to have you!

Here at VTC we celebrate our nation's independence by riding. But there is, perhaps, a more important celebration of independence to be had. And that is, independence from work. We at VTC believe that work - to put it bluntly - sucks a d. Therefore, to be a member of an elite training camp such as this you must first be unemployed. Please do not show up to a VTC event yacking and complaining about work because, we don't want to hear it. You should set up your life to work as little as possible and ride as much as you can. Sell your extra house or your silly gas-guzzling cars. Let your kids take out student loans for their college or, better yet, tell them to be plumbers or construction workers as these people in many cases make more money than their "white collar" counterparts who spent 4-6 years mindlessly walking around a college campus while their parents payed for it. The point is, do whatever you have to do to not work, at least in the blissful summer months where riding in NJ is at its best. To be honest, July 4th's ride, while blissful in terms of hours of singletrack, lacked a lil' sumpa-sumpin because everybody else wasn't working also. I can't wait until next week's ride while the proletariat are chained up again. VTC will hold an off-site event in Killington, VT, next week, no need to change the acronym.

Toodles,

EABODS

GW in da H
LWD
T
BTR
You so don't even know what it is to be unemployed.:rofl: I can't wait to go on a ride w/ you guys..........

A Hot One

Man it was hot on the climbs! I started out a little to fast and paid for it when I hit the first big climb, and almost had to stop. It has been awhile since I have ridden hard in 90 deg. heat.

Note: Pacing, Pacing, Pacing

I still was able to finish in 3hrs. (Taking into account a stop for some water)

The 'triple bypass' is just a hard ride. It's always a hard ride no matter my fitness. I like to say after I finish that "it didn't kill me so hopefully I'm stronger." I'll have to hit it again next week and see how I fair. Any takers for a crazy mid-week ride? anyone?

See ya on the road/trail.

-rf

The List ! and "the LIST"

Well good news for me! I took a couple of days off the bike and worked on the list of things to do on the house. Only a couple more items to knock off. "the LIST" is a check list of must do rides for the summer. VTC is out on the road working our tails off on a new route (tomorrow) that might not scare the crap out of some of you riders. A little less climbing and rolling terrain is probably a little easier to palate for most. Stay tuned as the new loop will be posted on mapmyride.com (under vernon, nj)

peace

-rf

p.s. Thanks for the Help from the boys at Bicycle Tech (Lincoln Park) for the help with my 'rigs'

A couple days notice would be great. Us unemployed folk are usually pretty busy collecting cans for food and gas money and the last minute stuff makes sheduling hard.Can't wait to get a chance to come up........

Sunday Morning Splitrock

I'm Not sure when this ride is kicking off, but it will be probably in the area of 8-9 am near Denville. EABODS has to come up with the details. I been riding whenever since I'm not working and it makes it hard to nail down a spacific time. Today, I wanted to start at 10 am, but the Tour was on and the action was great so I kicked the 'VTC route inspection ride' off until 11:30 when vs shut down and went on to some fishing sh**.

EABODS feel free to chime in and post a ride time. baby B.

S a D _ GWD IDA MFizH

-rf

I'm Not sure when this ride is kicking off, but it will be probably in the area of 8-9 am near Denville. EABODS has to come up with the details. I been riding whenever since I'm not working and it makes it hard to nail down a spacific time. Today, I wanted to start at 10 am, but the Tour was on and the action was great so I kicked the 'VTC route inspection ride' off until 11:30 when vs shut down and went on to some fishing sh**.

EABODS feel free to chime in and post a ride time. baby B.

S a D _ GWD IDA MFizH

-rf

1:00 Wawayanda, after awesome Tour stage.

Back
Top Bottom