Vintage bike forum??

one piece crank

Vans grip super well. I think it was the coaster brake on my freestyle bike, spoiling me for the transition to freewheel on mountain & Trials bikes.

one piece crank

Can you tell I’m sorting through decades worth of bike parts?

B5A5E0B8-1EE4-4C8F-B25E-46E27650EAE8.jpeg

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I saw a small framed version of my Stumpy on FB marketplace for $150.00. Made me a little sad.

kjarrett

Hi everyone,

I've just completed my Winter Project #2, the rebuild / upgrade of my 1997 Trek Y11. Originally, I planned to just replace the TREK decals that were damaged, rebuild the fork, do new cables & housings, and that was about it. Over the last several months, it turned in to much more than that. It is now essentially a complete XT build. I'm really happy with how it turned out. I have yet to get it fully dialed on the trail - the saddle tilt isn't right in this photo (it needs to point nose down), I need to find the right ProPedal setting for the Fox Float shock (I replaced the one I had on there as I'm rebuilding it and making it my backup), and there are a bunch of other things to tweak. I'm sure some of this spec will change as I find out what works on the trail. I even have all the parts needed to return it completely to stock if I want. The way it is configured now, it should be about 23 pounds fully kitted, haven't weighed it yet. Was 24.7 pounds at the start of the project.

I can add some more detail photos if people want, just thought I'd keep it simple for this post. :)

1997 Trek Y11
Size: Small
Color: Gloss Ice Inkwell Blue with Silver Decals and polished aluminum rear triangle
Main Tubes: Trek OCLV Carbon
Stays: 6061 TX Aluminum, TIG welded URT
Rear Shock: Fox Float RP2, 6.5" eye to eye, 1.5" (38mm) travel
Fork: Rock Shox Indy SL Long Travel (110mm)
Headset: Tange Seki DX-2 Aheadset, 1-1/8"
Crankset: Shimano Deore XT FC-M739, 42/32/22, 175mm
Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT FD-M739
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT RD-M739
Shifters: Shimano Deore XT ST-M739 8 Speed
Freewheel: Shimano Deore XT 11-28 8 Speed
Chain: KMC X8
Wheelset: Mavic Crossmax MK1 Ceramic, 28 hole rear, 26 hole front, sealed bearing hubs
Tires: Panaracer Smoke/Dart Classic, Kevlar Folding Bead, Black Sidewall
Brakeset: Shimano Deore XT BR-M739 with Ceramic-Rim Only pads
Pedals: Shimano SPD M747
Handlebars: Answer Hyperlite 580mm
Bar Ends: Trek System OCLV Carbon
Grips: Oury, Single Compound, Black, Slip On
Stem: Forged Alloy Direct Connect
Seatpost: Trek System 1, aluminum, micro-adjust
Saddle: Trek System 4, Vanadium rails
Reproduction Decals: "Trek" by Velocals; the rest are original

Attachments

• IMG_4272.jpg