Usbr

Bora

Dang I would love to see it in Jersey. I drive a car 20miles to work every day and would not mind to have 2 or 3 times a week bike commute.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't foresee a future where biking into NYC is a viable option. I remember the NYC law a few years ago that said all employers had to give employees a safe place to put their bikes. My employer basically said F that. I imagine there was no enforcement of that law, or if it even stuck. Without a place to shower it's moot anyway really.

monteverest

I tried a bike commute on the west coast years ago and even in no rain sunny socal, it was a dubious enterprise.

My journey started 1.5 hours before work with a bike ride to the gym which took almost an hour . Packed in my bag were any work related materials, a complete casual outfit and a shaving/shower kit. I usually also included a clean set of workout attire in the pack for the ride home. At the gym, I packed my sweaty ride clothes into a bag and pray no hapless event would loose the contents of the bag onto the mortal world.

I showered at the gym and and dressed in casual street clothes and made my change into work attire after walking from the gym to the office. I routinely brought a full week's worth of ties, etc each Friday or Monday (by car).

At the end of the day, I changed into workout gear and stuffed both my work and casual clothes into the same bag holding the morning's ride attire. At home, it was another shower and time spent packing for tomorrow's ride.

We have a long way to go to catch up to Denmark.

I don't foresee a future where biking into NYC is a viable option. I remember the NYC law a few years ago that said all employers had to give employees a safe place to put their bikes. My employer basically said F that. I imagine there was no enforcement of that law, or if it even stuck. Without a place to shower it's moot anyway really.

Top Bottom