unfortunate injuries :(

grumner80

so i found out my foot's broken, and i can't be on it untill the 2nd week of september when i've already started school. I had high hopes for the future events in diablo's gravity series, after taking second in the indy cross race at the first one, but that i now can't compete in. i've been hearing of other riders having similar bad luck, share your pain!

Tough break. Nothing you can do about it but keep your spirits up and heal. We've all (or most) have been there.
Do some pullups and crunches to keep yourself motivated.

That's stinks man. Feel better you will back up and running soon, and will get hit diablo's gravity series when it happens again...
banana.gif

Do you know how this happened? I know a number of cyclists that have gone to the doc for nagging foot pain. They return with a diagnosis of a broken bone in the foot. They have no idea when it occurred. Kinda like a stress fracture. It just slowly occurs and appears to have something to do with riding.

I cant correlate to your pain, but my prayers, concerns and wishes are with ya. Hope you recover fast and get back to doing what you love.

i know how you feel about being off the bike for a while im just getting back from a dislocated shoulder which i managed to do the week before the northern migration ride :( keep ur spirits up and keep motivated u will be back on the bike in no time

thank you everyone for your concerns!! I've been trying to keep in some type of decent shape with pullups, dips, pushups, and ab and core work but it hardly keeps me from losing muscle and gaining fat when i'm forced to sit on the couch all day; and ben i do know how it happened, it was a situation where my foot was on a corner (like the edge of a step), and i fell forward as my foot slid backward. it caused my arch to stretch out, which apparently caused my metatarsals to crush one of my tarsals, (a long bone in the foot, crushing a small round bone located more toward the ankle). the worst part though is that it's my right foot, and i'm not cleared by the orthopedic to drive anywhere.

I'm assuming you fractured your navicular bone by what you described. Good luck healing and I wish you a speedy recovery. I know how you're feeling as I'm dealing with a very nagging knee problem myself for the past 4 years. Been on and off the DL this season and looking like I'm gonna need a cartilage transplant in the near future to fix things in my knee. Have had many dr's opinions and go for another one next week. Right now I'm just enjoying any riding I can do. Injury sucks! Good luck.

I've been trying to keep in some type of decent shape with pullups, dips, pushups, and ab and core work but it hardly keeps me from losing muscle and gaining fat when i'm forced to sit on the couch all day; .

This is the most important thing. I've slammed down the calories, and did countless laps in the pool while injured. This way I actually took advantage of the "break" from the bike by reducing weight.

I'm assuming you fractured your navicular bone by what you described. Good luck healing and I wish you a speedy recovery. I know how you're feeling, Injury sucks! Good luck.

it was actually the medial cuneiform, i'm guessing my first metatarsal got forced into it and crushed it, but your right.... injuries do suck!!!
good luck with your knee!

This is the most important thing. I've slammed down the calories, and did countless laps in the pool while injured. This way I actually took advantage of the "break" from the bike by reducing weight.

i was thinking of that, and i know that swimming is one of the few things i CAN do that's not weight bearing, but i have a splint on that can't get wet or be removed :( however, i'm trying to plan a kyiaking trip cause that's something that i can do for cardio that'll work, in addition to the pullups, pushups, and ab work

Yeah injuries suck. I was at diablo friday and a guy with a beachwood bicycle shirt on broke his wrist. I've broken my wrist, but he looked miserable.

yea, that sucks; this break of my foot is the first bone i've ever broken, which is pretty lucky since i use to wrestle and skate; other than that the worst injury i've ever had was a dislocated finger and shoulder, (not at the same time). how long were you in a cast when u broke your wrist?

Back
Top Bottom