turtle looking for a good home - FREE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked on a tree farm where people dumped pets all the time. My crew had quite a jolt when a 15’ python slithered through the block of trees we were balling.
I live across the street from a small park. You would not believe the pets that get left there. Kittens, puppies, racoons, ducks.
One time somebody dropped off 2 igouna's. Both were 3ft long. We called animal rescue, and they came out and saved 1 of them.

The snake thing is not uncommon. My Boa came from a High School Science Class because they didn't realize it would get 10 feet long. A grown Professional Adult that teaches SCIENCE didn't know that Red Tail Boas get big? Google Red Tail Boa right now and let me know what pops up. Guarantee it's something big.

The snake thing is not uncommon. My Boa came from a High School Science Class because they didn't realize it would get 10 feet long. A grown Professional Adult that teaches SCIENCE didn't know that Red Tail Boas get big? Google Red Tail Boa right now and let me know what pops up. Guarantee it's something big.
Off course you have a Boa! What size is it now? My best guess is you don’t have a cat...at least not anymore?

The Monitor is indeed the trouble maker of the bunch. But he's still little so it's almost OK.

View attachment 111919

That guy can grow considerably if I am not mistaken, isn't in the Komodo Dragon family? What's the long term strategy if you don't mind me asking? I once had a biologist friend who adopted a couple of pythons, the female was about 10 feet and the male a little shorter and skinnier. He claimed he could only feed them live mice, or they would not eat them...I always thought he was just pleasing his sadistic mind...his father endured the growing appetite of those two rascals all the way to them chasing his chickens in the yard, thenforced him to give them away to a zoo once they went after his prized hunting dogs, true story.

BTW, holy thread hijack, sorry OP.

The Python tales are just Urban Legend and/or for a very short time period during Summer. They can't survive here once it drops below freezing.

This is a real problem in Florida - in fact Florida Wildlife Commission gives bounties to hunters to catch/kill pythons. Iguanas are another invasive species that is everywhere and there are programs to try to exterminate them. They eat turtle eggs

That guy can grow considerably if I am not mistaken, isn't in the Komodo Dragon family? What's the long term strategy if you don't mind me asking? I once had a biologist friend who adopted a couple of pythons, the female was about 10 feet and the male a little shorter and skinnier. He claimed he could only feed them live mice, or they would not eat them...I always thought he was just pleasing his sadistic mind...his father endured the growing appetite of those two rascals all the way to them chasing his chickens in the yard, thenforced him to give them away to a zoo once they went after his prized hunting dogs, true story.

BTW, holy thread hijack, sorry OP.

Ornate only get to about 4 feet. Asian Water Monitors are as close to a dragon as you can legally own, they'll hit 8 or 9 feet. The Retic will hit 15+ feet and maybe hit 40 pounds.

Ornate only get to about 4 feet. Asian Water Monitors are as close to a dragon as you can legally own, they'll hit 8 or 9 feet. The Retic will hit 15+ feet and maybe hit 40 pounds.
I used to have an Asian water monitor.
It was a girl so only like 4-5 feet. I'll have to find some pictures of her. Super awesome animal. Was so tame I could grab her tongue when she flicked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom