Turbo's Tales

Status
Not open for further replies.
A geared bike is fastest on flat ground so anyone should be able to outrun me. The tender part is that I have no clue who @choop is but it sounds like I struck a nerve with them. Maybe I interpreted it the wrong way.

"you" was the figurative "you" as in they will murder just about everyone when the decide to make a ride hard. Not the @Dave Taylor "you".

Has anyone won an open gravel race on a singlespeed?
Why doesn’t bmx use gears? Clearly faster. I think a woman on a singlespeed won tour divide as well. That’s like 3000 miles with all types of terrain. Not sure on gravel. Don Powers got 8th overall on an ss this weekend at the quick and the dead gravel race.

giphy.gif

Not trolling.

Because it's a 30 second sprint. By the time you spin out the gear, you go around a berm and start from a lower cadence.

If true, that was for the sake of reliability.
Surely with gears you could fix a broken derailleur and still win a 3000 mile race. Yes, it is 100% true.

What were your lap times anyways? I was fat and slow averaging like 8:0?s
https://www.strava.com/segments/21941735?filter=overall

According to strava, which is the end all be all......I was 13th fastest of 115 with a 6:33, you were 36th with a 7:07.....Using these facts...its obvious....Full suspension, geared MTB...(WITH ELECTRONIC SHIFTING) and 2.3in tires are faster than most cross bikes and 100% of single speeds.

source.gif

If you’re admitting defeat and saying you’re trolling that is fine, just wave the flag then and we can go back to posting gifs

According to strava, which is the end all be all......I was 13th fastest of 115 with a 6:33, you were 36th with a 7:07.....Using these facts...its obvious....Full suspension, geared MTB...(WITH ELECTRONIC SHIFTING) and 2.3in tires are faster than most cross bikes and 100% of single speeds.

source.gif

source.gif
8152C9D9-EF06-44C4-A9D1-938747CF59D5.png
C1803E2B-2D21-49A8-9D9C-19EC09F09686.png
C505D20C-DBAE-4B9B-AFE3-D18B01B903BC.png
How did Strava come up with those times? I wasn’t in the 7s at all.

Here we are again. Back to racing finally! Well, life is still crazy but acceptable so we just do what we do. Be a dad, ride bikes and race. I leave out one important thing, drinking! Finally, I have taken a breather from the bottle. I'm human, I drank too much, and it was difficult to stop. I wasn't the drunk every night guy but the 3-4 drinks every night guy, medication, we can call it that. What led me there? OCD I think. Anyways, I am sober and have been for a while now. My mood is much more consistent, sleep is way better and my fitness/power is way better. Is this the last time I drink? I can't say that for sure but I really would like it to be. It's tough when you have neighbors constantly inviting you over for a drink.

Onto the good stuff. I was preparing for Erie and all was swell. All time high power/fitness level, great feeling on the bike, just finished PT and even tapered. Well, Erie quickly turned into a shit show. Deejay did make undoubtedly THE BEST RACE COURSE I HAVE EVER RIDDEN but the first turn was missed by the lead group. Do you know how much it sucks working backwards through 150+ riders including the cat 2,3s and adventure riders? It sucks but we all had to do it. Anyways, I was riding well, in a really good position and 2 hours in my body kinda revolted. How? I was sober, hydrated and slowly peaking again. I knew it wasn't nutrition or hydration .I was riding tempo for the most part and 2 hours is never hard for me at endurance pace. I think it was a combo of allergies, maybe a bug and or something else. My legs got real acidy feeling, heart rate sort of wouldn't come down like it normally does and I was seeing crooked on the trails. I tried for 45 min to recover or whatever but in the end I called it a day. I did one lap just under 3 hours after sitting at aid 4 for 20 minutes or so. I waited for @terrabike01 to come by and then heckled him a bit. I'm ok with it. Let's move on to Cathedral Pines next month.

On a side note, I am very familiar with the trainer. I do prefer outdoors, even in rain/cold but sometimes I am stuck inside. Why is ZWIFT ALWAYS a pain in the ass to get started on when you don't use it for a few weeks? I wasted 45 minutes of my life to ride for 15 before I said F it. Oh well.

Glad to hear you're taking better care of yourself. Sometimes we are the most powerful when we ease up. I find myself always giving you the same advice, which is more a less a reaction to what I'm hearing...I can't help myself. Be well Dave.

Saw this the other day and liked it.
FB_IMG_1571762314939.jpg

Here we are again. Back to racing finally! Well, life is still crazy but acceptable so we just do what we do. Be a dad, ride bikes and race. I leave out one important thing, drinking! Finally, I have taken a breather from the bottle. I'm human, I drank too much, and it was difficult to stop. I wasn't the drunk every night guy but the 3-4 drinks every night guy, medication, we can call it that. What led me there? OCD I think. Anyways, I am sober and have been for a while now. My mood is much more consistent, sleep is way better and my fitness/power is way better. Is this the last time I drink? I can't say that for sure but I really would like it to be. It's tough when you have neighbors constantly inviting you over for a drink.

Onto the good stuff. I was preparing for Erie and all was swell. All time high power/fitness level, great feeling on the bike, just finished PT and even tapered. Well, Erie quickly turned into a shit show. Deejay did make undoubtedly THE BEST RACE COURSE I HAVE EVER RIDDEN but the first turn was missed by the lead group. Do you know how much it sucks working backwards through 150+ riders including the cat 2,3s and adventure riders? It sucks but we all had to do it. Anyways, I was riding well, in a really good position and 2 hours in my body kinda revolted. How? I was sober, hydrated and slowly peaking again. I knew it wasn't nutrition or hydration .I was riding tempo for the most part and 2 hours is never hard for me at endurance pace. I think it was a combo of allergies, maybe a bug and or something else. My legs got real acidy feeling, heart rate sort of wouldn't come down like it normally does and I was seeing crooked on the trails. I tried for 45 min to recover or whatever but in the end I called it a day. I did one lap just under 3 hours after sitting at aid 4 for 20 minutes or so. I waited for @terrabike01 to come by and then heckled him a bit. I'm ok with it. Let's move on to Cathedral Pines next month.

On a side note, I am very familiar with the trainer. I do prefer outdoors, even in rain/cold but sometimes I am stuck inside. Why is ZWIFT ALWAYS a pain in the ass to get started on when you don't use it for a few weeks? I wasted 45 minutes of my life to ride for 15 before I said F it. Oh well.
:gp::D And yes Zwift is a pain in the ass to get going if you dont use it all the time. Takes me 15-20 minutes sometimes to get it loaded and going! And yes the Erie course was badass!!! So much fun to ride and the 6+ hours just fly by your having so much fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom