Tuesday's "Chimney Rock Death Match"

Small group this week, as per tradition, someone needs to get taken out. This week it was me. I crashed really hard during the "warm-up" loop. After the powerline climb I fell backwards onto a pointy stump and impaled myself. Chris and I walked out of the woods, which took forever because I was in the hurt. Spent some time in the hospital. Turns out I just damaged all kinds of ligaments, tore some stuff, and bruised my ribcage and pelvis. I'm out of work for a few days and off the bike for? C-Rock bitches:D

-Jim.

Hope you feel better soon. I haven't met you before but if what everybody says is true you will be back on the horse beating the sh*t out of everybody at the rock in no time. Get better homie.............

Powerline climb?

Thanks everyone. I'm not sure what that climb is really called, it's just what I call it. It's across Newman's Lane all the way on the backside of that loop before you start coming back towards the lot. It's like a rocky double-track thing.

-Jim.

Small group this week, as per tradition, someone needs to get taken out. This week it was me. I crashed really hard during the "warm-up" loop. After the powerline climb I fell backwards onto a pointy stump and impaled myself. Chris and I walked out of the woods, which took forever because I was in the hurt. Spent some time in the hospital. Turns out I just damaged all kinds of ligaments, tore some stuff, and bruised my ribcage and pelvis. I'm out of work for a few days and off the bike for? C-Rock bitches:D

-Jim.

That sucks ass! You going to make the DH40? You were the first person signed up.

Get well soon, on the upside maybe Fred won't have a crash or mechanical this week as a result.

Dang... really... The wound didn't even look that bad at all either. It makes me wonder what I've done to my body all those times I didn't go to the hospital say... after crashing downhill at diablo HARD or face planting and blacking out while snowboarding .. eeeeekk...

Well, get well soon and fast brah.

Peace.

You going to make the DH40? You were the first person signed up.

I'm not sure at this point, I've been looking forward the 40 all year, it's one of the few events I'd be disappointed to miss:( Hopefully these pain meds will start working their magic:D

-Jim.

Thanks everyone. I'm not sure what that climb is really called, it's just what I call it. It's across Newman's Lane all the way on the backside of that loop before you start coming back towards the lot. It's like a rocky double-track thing.

-Jim.

I know where that is. What kind of happy pills did you get? You could make some coin off of them. :p Now for the important question, what did you do to the bike?

Feel better.

It must be the tires! :D

I wondered what happened to you last night. Looked for your car in the lot, thought you bailed on your own ride. Hope you heal fast as you've been talking about the 40 for a while. Feel better.

Dam, I missed it. If I was there maybe I could of caught you or at least been in the way to cushin' the blow. Do you need me to make daily Monster deliveries?

Hot tubs, pain killers, the couch - repeat. Heal up quick.

I must have it backwards - I fall on Six Mile Run and make it out alive from CR daily. :hmmm:

Feel better Jim! When you feel better, we'll battle it out for ownership of the CR-29er-True Jim, (My names James, so Jim is close :getsome::getsome:) title.

:rofl:

I must have it backwards - I fall on Six Mile Run and make it out alive from CR daily. :hmmm:

Feel better Jim! When you feel better, we'll battle it out for ownership of the CR-29er-True Jim, (My names James, so Jim is close :getsome::getsome:) title.

My money's on the old man

Let's do it!! I rode the rock on my 'cross bike last week so I'm not skerred!! As a side note about crashing, I like this quote...

"You don't know where your limits are until you exceed them"

-Jim.

Back
Top Bottom