allairemap.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 6,890
  • aspmap3.jpg
    aspmap3.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 7,103
M

MikeyMerg

New Map

Any idea if there is a map showing the other trails that the latest map does not. Because it does not show the one along the river or the one that are now across the street.

Frank

Sasquatch
hope this helps

Trail maps only reflect the "legal" trails. The river trail "Coca Cola" trail is one of the trails that is not on the map because it is not recognized by the park as multi-use. I have seen a horse or 2 get stuck there.

Last edited:

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
i dont know about anyone else, and i havent been here much, but these maps are confusing :)

J

joet3ch

Are there any updated maps out there of the 'non-legal' trails?

Frank

Sasquatch
i dont know about anyone else, and i havent been here much, but these maps are confusing :)

It takes time to understand the way the trails are laid out. If you keep coming to the rides you will know it soon enough.;)

Are there any updated maps out there of the 'non-legal' trails?

No...we don't need to advertise illegal trails.:rolleyes: But if the weather clears soon someone has volunteered to help generate the data necessary for a new map. I would really like to do that soon so stay tuned.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
It takes time to understand the way the trails are laid out. If you keep coming to the rides you will know it soon enough.;)

I've been on the rides and I see where we park, but I still don't "see" it on the map. I know I fly down the white trail, but it doesn't look like that in my mind lol

Matt_

I Get Jokes
I know the feeling... sometimes id just like to have a general idea of where i am when i come to an intersection... for instance "is the parking lot a left turn or right turn :hmmm:"

I'd settle for a hand sketch that isn't even to scale... just to get an idea of what the intersections are like so when you're alone you have a fighting chance to get back to civilization :D

J

joet3ch

If anyone has an iPhone, there is an awesome app called MotionX-GPS. The speed/mileage is not 100% accurate but it has gotten me back to the parking lot every time. It also generates very accurate maps of your ride, example: http://bit.ly/lairj

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Frank said it best if you ride allaire a few time with the group rides you will be amazed how quick you will be able to navigate the trails.
I try to hit the lot around 17:30 when I ride if you want a tour I drive a blk 05 tj can't miss it I have the trendy jorba sticker on it....

J

joet3ch

Cool I just got my Ram Mount last week and have my phone in the Otterbox Defender case.. so far so good. Now I have just have to keep myself from falling into the Manasquan river.

Just a quick question. I was on the orange trail over by the powerlines last week. I saw bike tracks going over into the other side of woods. Is there anything worth seeing on the other side of the powerlines? More up where they turn left and it turns into a lil open gravel pit area again.

Glenlivet12

I've never been over there, I always stop at the power lines. To my knowledge there are no official trails there. I know you can get to the road(herbertsville rd) through that way. I've observed hunters over there, might just be a few hunting trails.

Frank

Sasquatch
My experience has been that it's a swampy area loaded with ticks and chiggers (in the summer obviously) and not really worth it.

Too sandy

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions