Trail Maintenance, May 18th, 9am

J-Dro

I don't think you should be using JORBA supplied tools for spearfishing.:D

L1010649.jpg

Wobbegong

Chris gets upset when he hears people are saying he's afraid of the internet. He says he just may have to come and defend his name and honor.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Requests?

I have not been out in some time due to Work, Moving, road riding and a crazy life.

How is the spot just before the cement bridge holding up??

Any spots in need of some trail work or trimming? I plan to get back on my routine of heavy trail work this week.

Thanks

J_

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
J,

The section by the bridge seems to be holding up well, a little mushy, but way better than it used to be. The "gravesites" are also doing very well, but starting to really pack down in the middle, could use some help. I'm surprised they worked as well as they seem to be doing. Overall that whole area is much more ridable now.

I saw that someone blocked off the "stick" bridge, I think it's because there are now multiple stick planks missing and overall pretty rickety. Is it OK to fix this if I have the time and tools? That is one of my favorite bridges, I'd hate to see it disappear because someone thinks it's unsafe.

Tim

jdog

Shop Keep
J,

The section by the bridge seems to be holding up well, a little mushy, but way better than it used to be. The "gravesites" are also doing very well, but starting to really pack down in the middle, could use some help. I'm surprised they worked as well as they seem to be doing. Overall that whole area is much more ridable now.

I saw that someone blocked off the "stick" bridge, I think it's because there are now multiple stick planks missing and overall pretty rickety. Is it OK to fix this if I have the time and tools? That is one of my favorite bridges, I'd hate to see it disappear because someone thinks it's unsafe.

Tim

I am going to try and fix it this morning..

J)

jdog

Shop Keep
all good n the hood.

I went out this AM and added some new ladder rungs on the bridge. It is safe(er) to ride now.

I also cut back tons of overgrowth on both sides of middelbush. There were some mud holes but the soil is in primo condition. Avoid the yello trail at all cost.

Tonight we will be doing a late evening ride at 7:30ish.. Fast pace with little stopping. Mexi after. Figure a full loop in time to hit the mexi place before they close at 10.

j

Wobbegong

I went out this AM and added some new ladder rungs on the bridge. It is safe(er) to ride now.

I also cut back tons of overgrowth on both sides of middelbush. There were some mud holes but the soil is in primo condition. Avoid the yello trail at all cost.

Tonight we will be doing a late evening ride at 7:30ish.. Fast pace with little stopping. Mexi after. Figure a full loop in time to hit the mexi place before they close at 10.

j

Good to hear things are looking good. 7:30 is a bit late for me, I'm going to hook up with the earlier ride. I'm sure we'll pass in the woods, see you later.

jdog

Shop Keep
Conditions are very fast. Just about as good as it gets. A few more dry days and we are looking at dusty conditions.

I cut a ton of overgrowth back yesterday but there is so much do do that i will never keep up on my own.

If the rest of you guys do a bit here and there it would be super. Just throw a hand pruner in your camelback and cut some prickers back as they snag you.

:D

Wobbegong

I cut a ton of overgrowth back yesterday but there is so much do do that i will never keep up on my own.

If the rest of you guys do a bit here and there it would be super. Just throw a hand pruner in your camelback and cut some prickers back as they snag you.

A JORBA "Ride and Cut" day is in order. Once we get the ok from the park people we'll set up a date. Come get your Pay Dirt!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
A JORBA "Ride and Cut" day is in order. Once we get the ok from the park people we'll set up a date. Come get your Pay Dirt!

Can we just blaze through with machetes? Can I wear a viking helmet?

I am so there.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll

I am so there.
Name: Shropshire Slasher. Occupation: Shropshire Slasher.:D

I plan to visit 6 Mile one morning next week for my annual schools-out ride.

alex_k

Thanks for this job - difference is really noticeable especially on canal side.

I do that time to time but it works well only if cut close to roots as much as possible...

... did not try a machete yet:D

jdog

Shop Keep

I am so there.

Yes, but we will need pics.

Maybe J pace can post the vid of me running with a hedge trimmer??

J

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions