Trail Laypout / Property Lines /GPS work

Is this it

Jay, Ill talk with a friend who has a NJtaxmaps account and see what i can do for you, they have GIS overlays, street plan, flood plan, to the block and lot level..

Google maps

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

IS this the place..

http://www.twp.south-brunswick.nj.us/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={766A9AF8-193A-4790-9F77-EADD97D54760}&DE={16C36311-98B0-48F5-ABC1-39DE25778E5E}

Kendall Woods Open Space

Map # 24
Directions: Quentin Rd. cull-de sac off of Wheeler Rd., Kendall Park. Also access through College Park at the end of the ball field.
Description:
90 acres of passive, wooded unpaved trail for walking and hiking. Preserved open space.
Take all trash out with you.
Clean up after your pets.
No parking; foot access.
Not permitted:
No motorized vehicles including quads;
No hunting.

http://www.twp.south-brunswick.nj.us/vertical/sites/%7B9E5944A6-A9C2-418C-9E3F-EB23EB627DB9%7D/uploads/%7BB6457A97-2ED3-46BB-BC18-F1E758F30EBF%7D.PDF

thanks
Mike

Last edited:
Kendall woods is the spot.

I have done my little song and dance in front of the Park Committee.

At this point it is up to them.

If they give the go ahead I will need to make very sure that we don't overstep our welcome by building outside the defined property lines.

This project has been slower than I would have liked.

My experience w/ the state has been smoother and quicker but I am still hopeful.

Thanks

J

sounds like all you need is a decent survey or map of the property. I have to imagine that the Town has one.

my guess: the reason it took longer with the Town than the State is that the State probably gets these requests all the time (i.e., a request to build/ maintain trails on State parkland by a citizen group), whereas the Town may not have had such a request before and may not have not what to make of it.

Last I heard it was in the hands of the town council. Both Pearl and I may be correct :hmmm:

Nice to see alot of other GIS geeks on here. Been working it for 20years... sort of a relic in today's atmosphere.

I might be able to help with some info if still needed.

just thought about this a couple of days ago.... did this die?

It is in the hands of town council folks. Basically it is very low priority for them.

I will get some more fire into this in the fall.

j

Nice to see alot of other GIS geeks on here. Been working it for 20years... sort of a relic in today's atmosphere.

I might be able to help with some info if still needed.

Cloud. spreadsheet arcgisonline done. Cloud.

On a more serious note what's your focus? I've been in water/wastewater for about 8 years. I work for a consulting engineering firm so I also get some other exposure (environmental stuff, some surveying etc.) but those projects are few and far between. There's another guy here who does a lot of transportation stuff.

I am with FEMA and specialize in geospatial disaster prep, response and remote sensing. Great job with some very interesting challenges.

Back
Top Bottom