Trail dogs “Etiquette” and state Law

Cool with dogs, have two. Cool with trail dogs that don't get in my way. Your dog bites me, then it's on.....that means you know you have an uncontrollable dog and let him off leash anyway. That's where I draw the line. VERY FEW dogs are really safe off leash if any. You also never know if the OTHER off leash dog is aggressive or not.... This is how you lose a dog, this is how dogs get hurt, the lost dog posts I have seen are many and most start with "usually he's good off leash" or "no one was around so we let him off leash, his recall is usually great" and then they are searching for days for their dog.....just seems overall smarter to not run you dog off leash out in the open. Mine would chase a deer out across the highway, so I'd never do it....thats me, thats all.

PXL_20210602_145549669.jpg

Also, just to put things into perspective I believe the same NJ State Parks rules that require dogs to be on a leash do not allow to urinate or defecate within the park outside of the designated locations...

Oh, and if this monster were to face you on the trail drop everything and run, she may lick you to death! J/K she's always on the leash outside until she can behave appropriately.
Bailey L.jpg

I truly enjoy the people that call me out for not having trail etiquette, but yet do not even know who I am. And I did not call out any one person or their dog. I left the park, description of owner and types of dogs out of my post. i said nothing about a Strava segment nor me confronting the person. But yet people become keyboard tough guys and tell me to confront them so you can do what. Hmmm????

Over the years I have come across numerous dogs on trails. And yes I have had more etiquette problems with riders than dogs.

I own a dog that I does trail run with me. She wears her leash for her safety. My dog has been attacked by a few dogs not on leashes. And the owners blame me. But hey, I am the Karen.

do not allow to urinate or defecate within the park outside of the designated locations...
One of most errant rules ive come across😂

Aka- we reserve the right to fine the needle in the hay stack should we find it? Did i get that wrong?

Last edited:
I updated the title for the people that have a problem with reading comprehension.

I get it, it is a long paragraph. Reading is not for everyone.
Karen
You came on social media to complain and scold people who break the law. That's the definition of a Karen just in case you need understanding, then you didn't like the results and began the insults with the post above. We happened to be neighbors by rural standards and ride the same parks so you know coming across another rider is pretty rare, one of the reasons we live out here.
We also have met though I doubt you remember but I'm that very large handsome guy everyone loves, who rides always with my dog in the same parks as you. I would bet more locals know my dogs name then yours not that means anything. Life is short, dont sweat the small stuff most importantly control what you can and don't be a Karen, lol...

It isn't cold out
It isn't raining
Wtf is going on here?

Sounds to me if the other rider just asked if @ibike73 was ok, s/he wouldn't be upset enough to post?
Maybe a thanks for not clipping the dog and going off trail?

Maybe it's me, when I'm pissing in the park I try not to hit anyone's leg.

Last edited:
@bl
Oh, and if this monster were to face you on the trail drop everything and run, she may lick you to death! J/K she's always on the leash outside until she can behave appropriately.
View attachment 183317
@Blk06CompIRL has a trail dog Lily, who is so friendly she "smiles" aka bares all her damn teeth when she runs up to you begging for pets. People often misinterpret this gesture of submission! She's awesome, prowls up front on the climbs and flats then shuffles back on the DH as she knows her speed. A good trail dog is awesome to roll with.

I will say the Tourne is considered a personal off-leash dog park by the average Mtn Lakes denizen.

Karen
You came on social media to complain and scold people who break the law. That's the definition of a Karen just in case you need understanding, then you didn't like the results and began the insults with the post above.

I don't get this at all. He's not complaining about someone having a dog off leash in a park where it's prohibited. He's complaining about that negligence resulting in him crashing which could have resulted in serious injury. Totally different, not Karenish by any stretch of the imagination. Seems some dog people are butt hurt over this - waaaah!

I don't get this at all. He's not complaining about someone having a dog off leash in a park where it's prohibited. He's complaining about that negligence resulting in him crashing which could have resulted in serious injury. Totally different, not Karenish by any stretch of the imagination. Seems some dog people are butt hurt over this - waaaah!
I blame it on the e-bike, he's changed. Unfortunately never met him in Amish form. my bad...

Back
Top Bottom