Torn Achilles surgery

roc

Has anyone here ever had surgery to repair their Achilles tendon? Approximately, how long did it take to get back on the bike? Any info would be really appreciated.

Has anyone here ever had surgery to repair their Achilles tendon? Approximately, how long did it take to get back on the bike? Any info would be really appreciated.

I tore mine 4 years ago. Surgery mid march on recumbent bike on a week. Pedaling with boot. I did not get a cast. First real bike ride was mid may.I was able to ride earlier but no bike shoes and standing up. I was aggressive with recovery and pt. I was forty when I tore mine to give you a gauge. Any other questions let me know. Good luck.

I had surgery on feb 1st, and just got a hard cast on Friday, doc says I may be able to change cast this Thursday, possibly do a little walking, with crutches. He says ill be non weight bearing for at least 3-5 more weeks. What made you not get a cast? I didn't even have that presented as an option, which I'm fine with, since I fell last week and probably could have really messed it up more, if I didn't have the cast.

I had surgery on feb 1st, and just got a hard cast on Friday, doc says I may be able to change cast this Thursday, possibly do a little walking, with crutches. He says ill be non weight bearing for at least 3-5 more weeks. What made you not get a cast? I didn't even have that presented as an option, which I'm fine with, since I fell last week and probably could have really messed it up more, if I didn't have the cast.

I am back to 100 percent. Only residual effect is a little less strength in my calf than non injured side. My doctor is a sports based orthopedic so he's probably a bit more aggressive. I was in a walking boot with crutches for two weeks. Mine was full tear I was lucky to have surgery the next day. I fell as well two weeks out and thought I tore again but turned out fine. Walking cast for a total of eight weeks.

Back
Top Bottom