Too Damn Cold

ArmyOfNone

I have ridden outside all this week except for yesterday. Its been a brisk 25-30 degrees on any of those days. Right now its 9 degrees w/ a real feel of -5!

I will not be outside today. Nope, Not happening. Ill wait till tomm. SHould be a bit warmer.

Is it even possible to stay warm while riding in this nonsense? How low does the mercury have to go before you say "FUNK THAT!"

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
it is [size=+2]THREE[/size] at my house right now...i'm five or so miles as the crow flies from the waterloo lot @ mooch. i'm not even thinking about it. gym day.

bikeboy566

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Its wicked cold out,i was going to hit the Rock before openin the shop,but i got up took one step outside and said"I'll take the zero for today'' i'll hit it up on Sunday morn.

Wobbegong

I'm staying in today.

I was going to ride Six Mile this morning. After walking the dog at 7am, my face felt as if it was going too shatter. My temp. gauge says 8.4 degrees. I'm staying in......

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Not that I have been riding since my bike is in pieces (yeah that's the excuse) but this weather is just stupid. You'd think it's winter or something. :D

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
7 today, very cold indeed.

I call winter's bluff. This is it, as cold as it will get. From here on in we're on the long slow march to spring. Get naked and run around your house once. Call it a day, and enjoy the weekend.

J-Dro

When was the last time that you had this many days in the saddle in January? We really can't complain. But it damn well better get back up to the 40s by tomorrow.:D

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i just found most of my winter gear so either way, i'll ride...i just need to locate my snowboarding mittens and i'll be all set. for me it's more a matter of finding the time.

Shaggz

A strong 7
even if you were able to keep the body warm, i can't imagine that biking in this cold would be good for you repiratory system. fawk - i need to ride outside too much stress right now.

Space Heater

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
I work at a shop in the city and delivery guys are riding with into the store with NO gloves NO hats! Just helped a girl in her 20's that bought a bike yesterday. Again NO gloves NO hat. I tried to sell her some but she said she was OK. Downtown Manhattan is frozen. Unbelievable I tell you.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Yes, it is cold out. 3 degrees on my back porch.

On a good note, ..... if you are a runny nose type, these temps sure tighten the snot up!

:D

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I call winter's bluff. This is it, as cold as it will get. From here on in we're on the long slow march to spring. Get naked and run around your house once. Call it a day, and enjoy the weekend.
Post of the week.:D

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Every weekday, drive in on Saturdays/Sundays sometimes. Sucks but beats the hell out of driving!

I only ask because I take the train through Summit every day. Not sure the exact time but either 7:20 or 7:45 Summit stop (I get on in Stirling). First one if I'm going to Penn Station, second one if I'm going to Hoboken then taking the Path.

Space Heater

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
I only ask because I take the train through Summit every day. Not sure the exact time but either 7:20 or 7:45 Summit stop (I get on in Stirling). First one if I'm going to Penn Station, second one if I'm going to Hoboken then taking the Path.

I usually take the 8:27 from summit to hoboken. During the spring, summer and fall the 7:46 or 8:06.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I usually take the 8:27 from summit to hoboken. During the spring, summer and fall the 7:46 or 8:06.

Cool. In the spring/summer/fall I'll see you on the 7:46. I usually ride the last half of the last car. It's usually pretty packed by the time we get to Summit.

Top Bottom