Thursday Nights at Chimney Rock

I can’t this Thursday. Totally forgot about something I had already agreed to. So…. You guys go.

some others should get this ride going agin.
Is XC really dead?
I've been a part of some great wkly rides that don't exist anymore, they come, they go and things evolve. There is a chemistry that happens or it doesn't.

Knowing you Dave you have a tendency to hang onto something even though it's time to let it go. Let it go and be open to something new, don't fight it and create drama. Read this and do not respond, let it go like the Thursday night ride. :hugs:

I've been a part of some great wkly rides that don't exist anymore, they come, they go and things evolve. There is a chemistry that happens or it doesn't.

Knowing you Dave you have a tendency to hang onto something even though it's time to let it go. Let it go and be open to something new, don't fight it and create drama. Read this and do not respond, let it go like the Thursday night ride. :hugs:
Well put Iggy

I’m not in Jersey anymore so it doesn’t really matter. I agree to an extent but on the other hand strong training rides that attract competitive egos are what build strength in an area. There is a reason Durango, Co wednesday night worlds, Rahway training crit, Beachwood Bikes wednesday and saturday group rides keep going and getting faster and faster. These have all gone on for years and years. Frederick, Md is the same. They have consistent rides that happen for the most part the same day every week. I see new faces like Jesse Harodesky that are getting stronger every day and are eager to ride fast group rides. It would be great if TPT ride continued on…maybe the guys who don’t want to get stronger don’t go but the great thing about bikes is there are always new riders.

I do new things every year. That’s probably why I never burn out like many do. I am doing a race saturday similar to hell of hunterdon but an actual race. Shen the following week, then the Maryland Gran Fondo in september and marathon nationals in ocober. I’ve let the Thursday Pain Train ride go myself, I’m just saying, there aren’t really any more strong xc training rides on the regular in NJ.

That’s probably why I never burn out like many do.
Really Dave? Do we need to go into your blog to find the times you said you were burned out? lol.

Do you miss being dropped on the Thursday rides? If so, I’m sure we can accommodate you if you’re ever up in the neighborhood.

Really Dave? Do we need to go into your blog to find the times you said you were burned out? lol.

Do you miss being dropped on the Thursday rides? If so, I’m sure we can accommodate you if you’re ever up in the neighborhood.
That’s the whole point of doing a hard ride. I don’t want to be the hanmer on the hard ride, I want to be the nail. That’s how you grow. Probably the same reason I beat you in the few races we ever did together…on SS no less…but we won’t go there cause it’s ded. I would gladly do that ride again if Inam in the area. But I’ll be on a full squish this time not a rigid ss.

I think we only raced each other Once. At iron furnace. And That was endurance for me anyway. Lol.
Typical turbo … shoulding on everyone. Aka off the rack self righteousness. Taylor’s new blog is gonna be named “Taylor’s 2 cents” a guide to the way everything should. 😆

Ps. @jShort turbo beat me in 2017 my first year racing…

Back
Top Bottom