Thursday Nights at Chimney Rock

This is one of three threads I follow. Got a notification this morning after a year of silence. The most random trolling I've seen in a while.

This is one of three threads I follow. Got a notification this morning after a year of silence. The most random trolling I've seen in a while.
It’s funny that you say trolling as I really am not. I just saw a ride that Jesse did and remembered how awesome this ride used to be. I thought maybe there was an ember left to rekindle but I see I was wrong.

This was just in response to him elbowing me about getting dropped. I say all of those rides I got dropped are what made me stronger and able to start doing decent in the longer races.

Actually David, training to failure has shown to not improve fitness more than not training to failure but it is proven to increase burnout. But as usual, you are the outlier. Lol.

Actually David, training to failure has shown to not improve fitness more than not training to failure but it is proven to increase burnout. But as usual, you are the outlier. Lol

I can’t believe this without scientific evidence. But, getting drop is necessarily to the point of failure but mentally it can be hard to continue pushing. I push myself to failure on single efforts but bot when doing intervals. Not sure what to make out of this other than my ftp has gone up every year since I started training. I may look like a hot mess but there is rhyme and reason behind what type of ride I do each time. I still live up there 80/20 which is perhaps best way to train.

We really need a generic training thread. Just for this. Right here.

I’m not in Jersey anymore so it doesn’t really matter. I agree to an extent but on the other hand strong training rides that attract competitive egos are what build strength in an area. There is a reason Durango, Co wednesday night worlds, Rahway training crit, Beachwood Bikes wednesday and saturday group rides keep going and getting faster and faster. These have all gone on for years and years. Frederick, Md is the same. They have consistent rides that happen for the most part the same day every week. I see new faces like Jesse Harodesky that are getting stronger every day and are eager to ride fast group rides. It would be great if TPT ride continued on…maybe the guys who don’t want to get stronger don’t go but the great thing about bikes is there are always new riders.

I do new things every year. That’s probably why I never burn out like many do. I am doing a race saturday similar to hell of hunterdon but an actual race. Shen the following week, then the Maryland Gran Fondo in september and marathon nationals in ocober. I’ve let the Thursday Pain Train ride go myself, I’m just saying, there aren’t really any more strong xc training rides on the regular in NJ.
fuckin love me a good DT thread, stoked to read this tomorrow morning when im back on the clock
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom