This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

Oh, forgot to mention- when I went in for jab 1, I wanted to get it in the right shoulder, since the left one was completely borked from WFH at the dining table for a year.
They were set up to jab me leftie, so f it.
Shoulder hasn’t bother me since.
So side effect: loss of nerve pain.

@Patrick can we get badges for those of us who are vaxed, so we know who we can DM without a mask on?

24-48 hours after shot 1 nothing new. After I posted last time I realized maybe my arm was a tad sore. I guess I’m like a child in that regard. But I had to try to notice it.

Second appointment is super inconvenient but I have no idea how you can reschedule it.

Pretty much the entire state is eligible at this point. 25+ BMI is like 70% of NJ.

You jest (maybe), but 69% of the US is considered overweight (or obese). Of course. 97% of the professional athletes are as well.

I got my shot because I am fat, or old. Or old & fat. I just tell myself that my BMI is lower than DeWayne Johnson and it makes me feel good about myself. As I eat another bar of chocolate while in line for my vaccine.

AMERICA!

You jest (maybe), but 69% of the US is considered overweight (or obese). Of course. 97% of the professional athletes are as well.

I got my shot because I am fat, or old. Or old & fat. I just tell myself that my BMI is lower than DeWayne Johnson and it makes me feel good about myself. As I eat another bar of chocolate while in line for my vaccine.

AMERICA!

I was in no way joking. NJ is one of the more fit states too....the south is fat as all hell.

Mrs. G has been on spring break all week from teaching. By Tuesday, she finally got around to trying to get a vaccine appointment, which she thought would be easy. (Cue: refresh, refresh, refresh…) She had the following observations last night:

This is A LOT more difficult than she thought it would be. She’s a teacher so she thought that “someone would be taking care of us.” Here is where I wanted to say to her that she should have coached soccer, too, so my goalkeeper from 2003 would have gotten her an appointment out of the blue. But, I thought better of it, not wanting to create a ‘Lorena Bobbit’ scenario.

Some appointment making sites are very difficult to use, because the ITidiots have designed web pages that are inelegantly laid out. For example, before my first shot, I had tried to use the Walgreens site to schedule C19 testing, gave up and thought it was prehistorically bad enough to give them some acerbic feedback in their contact portal.

I told her that I thought the vaccine availability situation would get better. I really hope so, because I don't want her to suffer from a disease she is required to potentially be exposed to as a condition of her job.

Mrs. G has been on spring break all week from teaching. By Tuesday, she finally got around to trying to get a vaccine appointment, which she thought would be easy. (Cue: refresh, refresh, refresh…) She had the following observations last night:

This is A LOT more difficult than she thought it would be. She’s a teacher so she thought that “someone would be taking care of us.” Here is where I wanted to say to her that she should have coached soccer, too, so my goalkeeper from 2003 would have gotten her an appointment out of the blue. But, I thought better of it, not wanting to create a ‘Lorena Bobbit’ scenario.

Some appointment making sites are very difficult to use, because the ITidiots have designed web pages that are inelegantly laid out. For example, before my first shot, I had tried to use the Walgreens site to schedule C19 testing, gave up and thought it was prehistorically bad enough to give them some acerbic feedback in their contact portal.

I told her that I thought the vaccine availability situation would get better. I really hope so, because I don't want her to suffer from a disease she is required to potentially be exposed to as a condition of her job.
Essex has teacher/county employee only appointments, I know this may not help.

This may help

24-48 hours after shot 1 nothing new. After I posted last time I realized maybe my arm was a tad sore. I guess I’m like a child in that regard. But I had to try to notice it.

Second appointment is super inconvenient but I have no idea how you can reschedule it.
Almost 48hrs later... arm soreness seems to be dissipating. Yesterday was the worst and it wasn't terrible.... just annoying.
Thinking it might be totally gone by the end of the day.

Almost 24 hrs after #2 Moderna, arm soreness is still there but not as bad as last time. Unfortunately the fever and body/ joint aches kept me from sleeping so I feel a bit like a zombie today. Those symptoms are gone already though. Not the worst thing I've been through but not pleasant. I'm still happy to have been able to get the shots. I just wish people would stop trying to make me feel guilty for getting them, I simply followed the rules and was told I was eligible so I got them.

Almost 24 hrs after #2 Moderna, arm soreness is still there but not as bad as last time. Unfortunately the fever and body/ joint aches kept me from sleeping so I feel a bit like a zombie today. Those symptoms are gone already though. Not the worst thing I've been through but not pleasant. I'm still happy to have been able to get the shots. I just wish people would stop trying to make me feel guilty for getting them, I simply followed the rules and was told I was eligible so I got them.
Guilty? Ive been flinging around my 1st dose card all over the place
Suckers!

Pretty much the entire state is eligible at this point. 25+ BMI is like 70% of NJ.
NJ is behind almost the entire country, even NY allows those over 30 at this point. In NJ, those over 55 are eligible on April 5th, way to go governor Dracula. They ship something like 1.7-5M doses a week nationally, I don’t know what NJ’s allocation is. All I know is the scheduling system sucks, there are old people that haven’t been vaccinated yet, and just about everyone I know over 25 seems to have been because they lied their asses of with some preexisting condition or they “knew” a Pharmacist or someone that works in the old folks home.

NJ is behind almost the entire country, even NY allows those over 30 at this point. In NJ, those over 55 are eligible on April 5th, way to go governor Dracula. They ship something like 1.7-5M doses a week nationally, I don’t know what NJ’s allocation is. All I know is the scheduling system sucks, there are old people that haven’t been vaccinated yet, and just about everyone I know over 25 seems to have been because they lied their asses of with some preexisting condition or they “knew” a Pharmacist or someone that works in the old folks home.

What are you talking about? We're doing fine. 8th in doses used, 8th in given 1 shot and 10th in fully vaccinated.

What are you talking about? We're doing fine. 8th in doses used, 8th in given 1 shot and 10th in fully vaccinated.
The more non-vacinnating idiots in your area, the easier it is to get the vaccine if you want it.

Also, there's a pretty long list now of people who are eligible regardless of age. Frankly, sitting quietly in my home office, I can wait. The guy I rode with this morning is fully vaccinated (works for CBP) as is my wife and in-laws so my risk continues to go down anyway.
  • Individuals age 16-64 with certain medical conditions
  • Childcare workers in licensed and registered settings
  • Clergy
  • Educators and staff, pre-K to 12
  • Eldercare and support workers
  • Elections personnel
  • First responders
  • Healthcare workers
  • Hospitality workers
  • Individuals experiencing homelessness and those living in shelters
  • Judicial system workers
  • Long-term care and high-risk congregate care facility residents and staff
  • Medical supply chain employees
  • Members of tribal communities
  • Migrant farm workers
  • Postal and shipping service workers
  • Public safety workers
  • Social service workers and support staff
  • Transportation workers
  • Warehousing and logistics workers

The more non-vacinnating idiots in your area, the easier it is to get the vaccine if you want it.

Also, there's a pretty long list now of people who are eligible regardless of age. Frankly, sitting quietly in my home office, I can wait. The guy I rode with this morning is fully vaccinated (works for CBP) as is my wife and in-laws so my risk continues to go down anyway.
  • Individuals age 16-64 with certain medical conditions
  • Childcare workers in licensed and registered settings
  • Clergy
  • Educators and staff, pre-K to 12
  • Eldercare and support workers
  • Elections personnel
  • First responders
  • Healthcare workers
  • Hospitality workers
  • Individuals experiencing homelessness and those living in shelters
  • Judicial system workers
  • Long-term care and high-risk congregate care facility residents and staff
  • Medical supply chain employees
  • Members of tribal communities
  • Migrant farm workers
  • Postal and shipping service workers
  • Public safety workers
  • Social service workers and support staff
  • Transportation workers
  • Warehousing and logistics workers
One thing I have noticed when I was getting my 1st shot.... no effort was made to verify if they met any of the above

One thing I have noticed when I was getting my 1st shot.... no effort was made to verify if they met any of the above

My wife said the same thing. She was eligible because of her job, but nobody even asked her about it.

Being as these shots need to get into people once they're un-refrigerated it would be absolutely silly to try to verify people's eligibility once they're at their appointment. You'd be tossing thousands of shots in the trash unless you overbooked appointments.

Atlantic Health seems to have a ton. If you register through their website you should be getting a text to register for an appointment for the next 2 days.

Maybe vaccinations are like boarding airplanes. Random boarding is better than organized boarding rules. Having a huge majority vaccinated in certain groups doesn't help the whole. But having a decent minority vaccinated throughout prevents the spread.

Huge burden lifted in my home once my wife got the vaccine as now half of us were protected and if I caught it I wouldn't also infect her.

Back
Top Bottom