This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

cause that is how conspiracy theories start, and if they are pricking fingers for blood, and it gets fed into a machine.......
or they are swabbing cheeks/nasal passages....
they claimed the baseball drug testing was going to be anonymous....

Ask Bill Clinton.
I meant technically related. But yes, I guess that’s how it works. I would have a perfectly fitting example but it would involve recent politics so I’ll stay out of it.

something interesting my wife told me about work last night....She worked in the peds ER. She said in her 12 hour shift that they had about 15 patients all night. She said on a typical winter day, this number can easily be in the hundreds and that the 17 rooms they have in the peds ER are almost always full. She also said for the whole ED (peds and adults) a typical winter day there would be about 150 people at any given time...Now that number is between 30 and 40. This is not some official data, but in her observation, the ED is less busy now.

This may be another benefit of social distancing - this flu season has been the worst for children in 10 years. The latest pediatric death toll is over 160

http://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2020/02/19/flu-update

I think it is "generally accepted" that recovery results in immunity for some time, let's say X, where X = a few weeks to a few years. Pretty wide spread there.

So no, not much.
Here is a good layperson article. Short answer is yes, you will be immune for some period of time, most likely at least one year

https://time.com/5810454/coronavirus-immunity-reinfection/

Thanks- I was on a webinar yesterday where one presenter was discussing the use of platelets from individuals who recovered,
but they weren't clear on when immunity begins (PCR=0?) and how long it might last.

Just so y'all don't think 'merica cornered the market on insanity: europe is having a gorgeous weekend so a few governments are issuing stay at home orders (no groceries, anything). The Gov of Turkey announced a 2-day order (wait for it...)

At 11:40pm Friday night! Apparently this was the result at every grocery store. I got half a dozen videos like this.
Screenshot_20200410-190644_WhatsApp.jpg

The best tweet I read said it would have been safer to serve everyone bat soup (ok, may be scientifically wrong but still funny)

Just so y'all don't think 'merica cornered the market on insanity: europe is having a gorgeous weekend so a few governments are issuing stay at home orders (no groceries, anything). The Gov of Turkey announced a 2-day order (wait for it...)

At 11:40pm Friday night! Apparently this was the result at every grocery store. I got half a dozen videos like this.
View attachment 125045

The best tweet I read said it would have been safer to serve everyone bat soup (ok, may be scientifically wrong but still funny)
I think I remember a video of a robber covering his face with his hand once...

Thanks- I was on a webinar yesterday where one presenter was discussing the use of platelets from individuals who recovered,
but they weren't clear on when immunity begins (PCR=0?) and how long it might last.
They weren’t clear because platelets have absolutely zero to do with immunity. They do help your blood clot to form some bitch’n scabs though.

Humanity is doomed:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/10/technology/coronavirus-5g-uk.html?referringSource=articleShare

I seriously don’t know what to think of human beings anymore.
Funny as I been working for very rich guy who lives on 100 acres and has worked every angle to make it self reliant. Think apocalypse is coming, yes he apparently does (*much more to this story). He has a women that works for him (used to be the GF until replaced by a younger version) extremely talented at everything. Examples like sewing and restoring antiques ect. Thing is when I work within her space she is constantly listening to those conspiracy outlets. I casually said oh you like conspiracy talk. Was I in for a ride and still am. From ghost aliens Bill Gates and yes 5G. I just nod and walk away with a smile.

Humanity is doomed:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/10/technology/coronavirus-5g-uk.html?referringSource=articleShare

I seriously don’t know what to think of human beings anymore.

I was on a call with a very very high up executive. The kind that start with a “C”. She was switching phones and my VP asked if we could walk her through it and make necessary changes in backend. Anyway, there was a lot of down time when the phone was rebooting, upgrading, etc.
I SO wanted to ask her where she thought these conspiracies were starting from but I just didn’t have the nerve to do it.
My stories suck.

i wish i had this deep a faith in anything.
or easter is the 1st or 2nd most profitable day of the year.
On that note, i do believe the charitable reach of the church is enormous, and can not be replaced by government programs.

1586609989144.png

On that note, i do believe the charitable reach of the church is enormous, and can not be replaced by government programs.

View attachment 125084
They should make all the people stay at that church for a month.
He could do the world a favor and just zoom his sermon, like that would happen!

View attachment 125084

Bye, Felicias.

I have deep faith in science, which is why this probably won’t turn out so well.

those would be the "fixed" rules of the simulation we are living in?

-----------
Today's C19 thought.

The deaths trail new cases by 14 days avg (https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/jmv.25689?af=R - but this is for january in china)
We have about 1 week of linear growth now - so I'd suspects deaths per day to climb a bit more.
This is going to be the depressing part - sorry for bad news - but look for a flattening about a week from now,
then watch the 'new case per day' numbers.

on the ratio of NY/NJ to rest of USA - the data added in the military and 1st Nation people, so the ratio was changed by about 1% from reporting factors.
Growth in NY/NJ is still smaller than the avg of the rest of the country - again absolute numbers are large.

Watch the news articles, as they now seem to be discussing the 'rate of doubling' -
with the linear nature of new cases, the rate goes up (more days to double) which of course is good,
and can help with hospital planning - the next thing to look at is new vs resolved.
Seems resolved trails new by about 3 weeks. This is the global numbers.

1586611762178.png

Other countries are discussing things along the lines of @68nova200's suggestion - Lock down the "at risk", and send the
other 70-80% out, with the "be as safe as possible" but go on with life. Add testing, and monitoring. They are estimating 3 months until
"everyone" is infected/resolved. So a bit different belief there, but same idea - let it happen. Different than Sweden too, which basically said use your judgement, so
we'll see how it progresses.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom