This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

Thanks for the advice. Fitness is my business so I respect how yoga can be a great outlet for relieving tension and stress. I may have been exaggerating about the bing drinking. Maybe not on that particular night, but it's certainly not an everyday thing. LOL ;)
I suggested this because I find during the week when I do yoga it calms me down and it's easier to not go for beerz.

Like anything we do on a regular basis it can become habit forming. As I get older I try to adopt healthier habits. What we do becomes who we are. Stay well. ?

Here's the Oxford model - they claim as of right now there are already between 7 and 43 million infected in just 11 EU countries alone. No idea if they are right...

good one.
For anyone that looks, baysian analysis is interested in A (number of infected) given B (deaths) since B may be the better documented number.

this is interesting - Fauci predicted a second wave, and having a better idea of community susceptibility would be useful

From the txt.

... with Rt values dropping substantially, the rate of acquisition of herd immunity will slow down rapidly. This implies that the virus will be able to spread rapidly should interventions be lifted. Such estimates of the attack rate to date urgently need to be validated by newly developed antibody tests in representative population surveys, once these become available.

I'm bad at probabilities. I think I slept through that class

Let's say the death rate is 1% across the board. If you're a couple (Husband/wife etc) , what's the chances that one of you dies if both of you catch this?

Is it a 2% chance?

@Pat
it is 2 picks with replacement - independent events.
only one? or one or more?

@jmanic
That would be additive, 2% chance that at least 1 of you dies. 1/100 + 1/100.

1% of 1% chance that both of you die - so .01%. For both you multiply probabilities.

Alternately 99% x 99% chance you both live, or 98.01%.

Chance that only 1 of you dies is 2% minus the chance you both die. So 1.99%.

I don't know I give up. It doesn't add up to 100 so fuck math. @jmanic where did I go wrong?

Sorry, catching up here.
@Norm has it about right.
If both have 1% chance of death, and both catch it, 2% chance both die.
Odds increase if either drives drunk on a motorcycle without proper training or safety equipment.

I am going to get some signs together for right off of 287 nurses are getting shafted and if that u word gets thrown around enough maybe AH may do something about it. Fucking crooks

Sorry, catching up here.
@Norm has it about right.
If both have 1% chance of death, and both catch it, 2% chance both die.
Odds increase if either drives drunk on a motorcycle without proper training or safety equipment.
Edit: after discussing it with Pat,
I want to amend this-
100% both die.
Eventually.

I am going to get some signs together for right off of 287 nurses are getting shafted and if that u word gets thrown around enough maybe AH may do something about it. Fucking crooks
sweet, get my wife some more money....She needs a new bike in my size.

My wife has typically gotten time and a half when there was a state of emergency going on (like a snowstorm, etc) not sure how this doesn't qualify.

My wife has typically gotten time and a half when there was a state of emergency going on (like a snowstorm, etc) not sure how this doesn't qualify
Yeah this really has me pissed also. My wife is putting herself and our family possibly in harm's way. Especially when she isn't even properly equipped with one mask the whole 12 hours. Any of yous get pissed seeing people out an about with mask on when you know yours has issues getting one.

sweet, get my wife some more money....She needs a new bike in my size.

My wife has typically gotten time and a half when there was a state of emergency going on (like a snowstorm, etc) not sure how this doesn't qualify.

My wife's manager has threatened to fire everyone in her unit because their schedule is now day to day. Her manager has pulled nurses off of covid assignments over a pissing match.

I'm angry and venting but I am considering getting out ever Saturday and Sunday morning with my stupid sign. I'm reviewing how best I can do it.

Get under AH skin but protect myself.

@Patrick @UtahJoe
Thanks my peeps and more. Gma seems to be doing okay. Day by day she is regaining her consciousness/memory. She refuses to admit she fainted and my mom slapping her. She said "how is that even possible?".. She is just pissed she is in the hospital and not home but it's frustrating trying to get answers to our questions without being present like when did they submit the sample for covid19 test.

Thank you to the people on the front lines! It's just so fucking selfish of people who are living life per usual. Today was my First time going to SR during the day and first time I saw people really rocking masks and gloves. If you are not close proximity with someone the mask is not needed. Gloves are pointless if you don't have multiple pairs of gloves on you. Just anti bacterial your hands! I will stick to Friday 8pm.

Last edited:
My wife's manager has threatened to fire everyone in her unit because their schedule is now day to day. Her manager has pulled nurses off of covid assignments over a pissing match.

I'm angry and venting but I am considering getting out ever Saturday and Sunday morning with my stupid sign. I'm reviewing how best I can do it.

Get under AH skin but protect myself.
You’d think that managers would be really appreciative right now, he/she is probably always a dick.

I doubt any healthcare workers will be getting any extra pay during this. There's a lot of places cutting salaries because of it. I hope this helps to expose how much of a sham the healthcare system is.

I doubt any healthcare workers will be getting any extra pay during this. There's a lot of places cutting salaries because of it. I hope this helps to expose how much of a sham the healthcare system is.

A lot of places are but hospitals are kind of the place that's going to get all the business. For the hospital to be playing low census bullshit is insane and they're firing everyone who isn't full time is so fucking insulting.

If businesses can make money and get another bailout why can't nurses who have leverage. Corporations don't care if you have to get food on the table why should we care about their profit margins. You thing the chief diversity officer of hospitals are out their in an essential role? How bout the chief marketing officer? Aside for sending emails that say stay off of social media or we'll can your ass, their feet are riding high on their couch at home while actual the managers are presenting their annual performance raise that was handed to them before this as a bonus for covid. Fuck that noise.

Airlines are going to cut salaries when the stim says not to, and the money in the package for hospitals are going to be rolled into performance bonuses since they can't spend it on supplies that aren't available.

I'm so fucking angry, how the hell is it excusable that my wife had to do her own fucking fit test for an n95 on fucking YouTube this week because the person responsible for doing her units fit test has been on vacation for 2 weeks.

Atlantic health is a fucking joke and the sad thing is they're most likely above average, and most other hospitals.

Arent they in a union already? NJSNA? I thought my wife told me she was part of one...I mean if so, I dont think it has done anything for her over the years.

That's an AARP membership for nurses I'd rather pay for AAA, Atlantic health would rather pay 4k a week to traveling nurses over letting them even vote to unionize

A little nationwide bounce upward yesterday - probably some Sunday effect (?),
and that the NY/NJ area now only represents 50% of the total in the US (3/23 54%),
and we are seeing a lower increase day-over-day,

Continue doing your part!

1585740633083.png

Back
Top Bottom