thinking about getting back into it...

PatrickBrown

Active Member
Hi, Pat Brown here...

I am considering buy a bike again and getting back into it. was previously expert racer in the woods and cat 4 on the road for training races... I raced for bike line in east brunswick/old bridge, and then for the navigators spin off mountain team. the downside is I dont know if I could come back for the fun of it this time, as I am much older(32) and havent ridden a bike in 6 years, much less kept any form of fitness lol, now I just a fat guy

Pat
 

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
PatrickBrown said:
Hi, Pat Brown here...

I am considering buy a bike again and getting back into it. was previously expert racer in the woods and cat 4 on the road for training races... I raced for bike line in east brunswick/old bridge, and then for the navigators spin off mountain team. the downside is I dont know if I could come back for the fun of it this time, as I am much older(32) and havent ridden a bike in 6 years, much less kept any form of fitness lol, now I just a fat guy

Pat
Hey Pat, welcome to the site!

I know lots of people your age who consider them selves "fat" and ride like there's no tomorrow. It's hard to get back into things now with the season slowing down but I say, "hells yeah, get back out there!!!"
 

PatrickBrown

Active Member
Jason said:
Hey Pat, welcome to the site!

I know lots of people your age who consider them selves "fat" and ride like there's no tomorrow. It's hard to get back into things now with the season slowing down but I say, "hells yeah, get back out there!!!"
yeah man I'm dying to actually, I am trying to weigh some things out and see if I'd mind giving alot less time to my current hobby (drag racing my GTI) and if the wife wouldnt kill me for riding 4-5 days a week :)

much to my surprise, when I started looking back into it, the CC race series in NJ has gonedown the toilet, but Campmor and RVCC appear to be back at it again in full force trying to get the 06 in full gear, I hope they do,
 

Shaggz

A strong 7
PatrickBrown said:
Hi, Pat Brown here...

I am considering buy a bike again and getting back into it. was previously expert racer in the woods and cat 4 on the road for training races... I raced for bike line in east brunswick/old bridge, and then for the navigators spin off mountain team. the downside is I dont know if I could come back for the fun of it this time, as I am much older(32) and havent ridden a bike in 6 years, much less kept any form of fitness lol, now I just a fat guy

Pat
welcome from an older (35) and (probably) fatter guy!
 

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
PatrickBrown said:
yeah man I'm dying to actually, I am trying to weigh some things out and see if I'd mind giving alot less time to my current hobby (drag racing my GTI) and if the wife wouldnt kill me for riding 4-5 days a week :)
I know what you mean. I took some time off when I got into motorcycles for a few years. Drained my wallet and after laying two friends to rest I too had to weigh my options. I gave up 5 or 6 different hobbies to get back into mountain biking and sometimes I miss them but I'm totally happy with my choice.

Here's a pic of my old joy:

 

rocknrollgirl

Well-Known Member
old?

If 32 is old, we are in deep @#&# around here....Add ten years and give us a call....yes old farts can ride, race and still have a great time....welcome back....I came back after backing off from climbing, after laying a friend to rest, and I too, am happy with my choice.

Go for it
 
D

DANSPANK

Guest
Hey,
So if 32 is old then my 190lbs must also be fat so "Hi" from another old and fat guy!

And don't be ashamed of chucking up on your first ride back. I wasn't when I did!

Cheers,

Daniel.
 

PatrickBrown

Active Member
DANSPANK said:
Hey,
So if 32 is old then my 190lbs must also be fat so "Hi" from another old and fat guy!

And don't be ashamed of chucking up on your first ride back. I wasn't when I did!

Cheers,

Daniel.
hey all, thanks for the kind words its great for motivation, nah 32 isnt old, and 190 isnt fat, I guess I just meant older and fatter than when I used stopped riding/racing back in 99.
 

NJ Jess

Active Member
Welcome back,...

now lets go ride. What type of bike do you have? Where do you want to ride? Ah, the joy of new beginnings,..again. Smiles, NJ Jess
 

PatrickBrown

Active Member
NJ Jess said:
now lets go ride. What type of bike do you have? Where do you want to ride? Ah, the joy of new beginnings,..again. Smiles, NJ Jess
I dont have the bikes anymore, I would have to purchase new ones, I had a trek 5500 crabon Dura ace road bike, and trek 9800 alum mountain bike xtr with rolf wheels.

I did mostly road riding to train and did hartshorne or roundvalley for training on the MTB, then raced everysunday there was a race.......

I'll be back, its destined
 
Top