Things that make you smile :)

lol, ya im not MUCH better than him, so im guessing I have another year or two before he starts jumping things I wont
The courage of youth, wish I could say I miss it but if I did I would probably still have it. It is less concern of injury and more concern of medical bills and lost time at work LOL.

First hills in over 6 months. Would have done another but forgot to charge the Di2 and it started to die after climbing Lindbergh ( which is repaved btw, the descent will be much smoother). Felt great to be in cooler temps - going down hills felt like air conditioning.

20220705_113147.jpg

Last edited:
More life related than bike related.

As some here might remember I was laid off from the place I worked for 18.5 years and was unemployed for all of 2019. A year later the only job I could find somehow was back at the same company and I was lucky because it was right when global COVID lockdown started in March 2020 and everyone else was getting laid off. It wasn't the ideal job or career move but I didn't have much of a choice at the time to stop the financial bleeding.

So last week after a combined 20+ years at this company, I submitted my 2 weeks notice at this place and I will start a new job Aug 1st. Coming back to the same company for a lower level job (financially and organizationally) was humbling but necessary to support my family as the sole provider. In the last 2+ years I never really stopped looking for a job but everything I was in the running for either fell apart at the last minute or I got ghosted (several times even after 2 different verbal offers from 2 different companies).

I'm a risk averse person by nature so this is a big but necessary change for me. The current company continues to reorg and more layoffs have been announced leading to the end of 2022 and I don't have the mental capacity to manage that again. This new job and company is also a risk but like I tell my kids sometimes you have to give it a try and see where it goes. It's a hybrid WFH type role which has built in flexibility that I discussed with them up front, so hopefully once I get into a new routine I can maintain some level of work from home/life balance/bike riding schedule that I have right now.

All this happened right around the timing of my birthday and 27 year wedding anniversary the last few weeks so it's been some good news during good times.

Looking at Strava, reviewing race times from the Summer Sizzler, and for the 1st time ever in my 15yr racing career, I see negative split times. Pretty sure the distance and speed is accurate because I have a Garmin Speed Sensor 2 on the rear hub and was hitting the lap button at the timing mat.
1657630530856.png

Confirmed with race results. And Cat1 SSers are old guys chasing lightweight 17 y/o's
1657630757594.png

Back
Top Bottom