Things that make you smile :)

This is the tree at 6MR i worked on this morning.

it fell in a position where it is uphill to the right, and sitting on its limbs.
I trimmed some stuff away from the area for an escape route first.
Had to work high off the trail because it was the first flat area where i could stand.

I knew it was in compression, and would need to go either towards or away from me while cutting, not down,
which would just trap the saw, and sit up in the air - so wedged both sides like this.
heard a bit of crack, and just pushed it sideways, and down it went!

View attachment 139921

the large log that was still in the trail also needed to be cut - too big to move. see the overlap from when they came apart.

View attachment 139922

so decided to have some fun with that one. far side has a wedge, then i cut through to it, and used
plunge cuts to remove the piece...this kept the saw from getting stuck when i finished it off
(cutting up from underneath) in this pic, the one on the left wants to slide right.

View attachment 139920

View attachment 139923

Good project. Gotta love when a plan comes together.
trimmed a wedge off the log - made it look much wider.

View attachment 139924

would you say this is from years of experience or that course you guys linked for the state helped set you up for this?

would you say this is from years of experience or that course you guys linked for the state helped set you up for this?

What are you asking about? Knowing what is going to happen to the tree? or that "we" are allowed to do this work?
The first is a combo of experience and training (yes sawyer camp)
The second is the 10+ years of J establishing/maintaining the trust of the park officials.

What are you asking about? Knowing what is going to happen to the tree? or that "we" are allowed to do this work?
The first is a combo of experience and training (yes sawyer camp)
The second is the 10+ years of J establishing/maintaining the trust of the park officials.

We need a relationship with the land manager at some places, like I need a relationship with Misty at a bar on Rt. 36.

Posted a 20 year old fishing rod on Ebay (high end G Loomis no longer made) Sold it in an hour for more than what I paid for it....win Ebay calculated a crazy shipping fee and printed me a label for just over half of the fee. That will more than offset ebay's fee....win. Had the perfect box from a rod I bought last week!

Karma gods had to offset things a little. While taping the box on the floor I picked up my head and bonked it on the weight lifting bar I was next to. moved over and bonked the same spot on a drawer I left open when I got the tape. Laughed at myself since I'm always telling my wife to close drawers.

Made my 2 over easy eggs today not using a spatula. I saw a video on how to do that.
You butter the pan of coarse, and as the eggs cook you move the pan around keeping them moving around.
Then when you want to flip em over to the other side, you kinda send them to the inner edge of the far end of the pan and
then flip and pull back catching them. Worked perfectly, not like my first try last week that ended in disaster. :p

Made my 2 over easy eggs today not using a spatula. I saw a video on how to do that.
You butter the pan of coarse, and as the eggs cook you move the pan around keeping them moving around.
Then when you want to flip em over to the other side, you kinda send them to the inner edge of the far end of the pan and
then flip and pull back catching them. Worked perfectly, not like my first try last week that ended in disaster. :p
Yes, that is the way.

Posted a 20 year old fishing rod on Ebay (high end G Loomis no longer made) Sold it in an hour for more than what I paid for it....win Ebay calculated a crazy shipping fee and printed me a label for just over half of the fee. That will more than offset ebay's fee....win. Had the perfect box from a rod I bought last week!

Karma gods had to offset things a little. While taping the box on the floor I picked up my head and bonked it on the weight lifting bar I was next to. moved over and bonked the same spot on a drawer I left open when I got the tape. Laughed at myself since I'm always telling my wife to close drawers.

That fly rod? Sweet.

OOOh - I have a warranty replacement of an ultra lightweight G Loomis spin caster for river trout - I should "let it go"
i have a few others - my bait caster for trolling lake trout/pike is one of my favorite poles!!!

PSA:

The legendary rock group Nickelback has announced that they will pull their song collection from Spotify. A spokesman for Spotify stated "Since no one has ever tried to listen to Nickelback on Spotify the move will have no impact on our business."

That fly rod? Sweet.

OOOh - I have a warranty replacement of an ultra lightweight G Loomis spin caster for river trout - I should "let it go"
i have a few others - my bait caster for trolling lake trout/pike is one of my favorite poles!!!
It was a light weight surf rod that they only made for a few years. I have an 8wt loomis fly rod up there now lol...the last of my fly rods. I caught a bunch of bonefish on it. Only thing with Ebay is they are fee crazy. On the basis of fee's I could post on things that make you frown but I got what I wanted on a rod that was a dust collector so good enough for me.

About to leave from a parking lot that was plowed well sitting in my Honda Fit with summer tires. Jeep rolls in, parks and proceeds to take pictures of their badass winter offroader. Of course it's got the yellow NJ license plate in the window that always looks fantastic.

2022-01-29.jpg

Back
Top Bottom