Things that make you smile :)

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
After a hell of a week, my friends son took us up in an airplane. He wants to become a commercial pilot. It was so much fun. We flew out of se phila airport and went up the Hudson past the gw bridge.

Edit words

my wife sat up front, he guided her and she did the takeoff. I'm so proud of her
.IMG_20220108_164743829.jpg

rick81721

Lothar
I've been fooling with Ancestry.com on a family tree, using one my cousin started about 10 years ago. Still awaiting genetic testing results but it's amazing what you can find in their database. This is my 7th great-grandfather John Robinson born in Newcastle upon Tyne in 1654. He lived to almost 80:

John Robinson 11 April 1723.jpg

His son Captain Robert Robinson, was the first Robinson born in America - 1685 in Suffolk County, NY. Oddly enough, John Robinson's grandfather Johannes John Robinson (further back Robinson I have found so far) was born in England but came to Ipswich Massachusetts in 1635 and died there in 1643.

Whenever you find a new ancestor, it keeps searching and finds more later. Pretty interesting. Johannes John Robinson's son William was born in England in 1625 and lived to be 100.

rick81721

Lothar
I've been fooling with Ancestry.com on a family tree, using one my cousin started about 10 years ago. Still awaiting genetic testing results but it's amazing what you can find in their database. This is my 7th great-grandfather John Robinson born in Newcastle upon Tyne in 1654. He lived to almost 80:

View attachment 176036

His son Captain Robert Robinson, was the first Robinson born in America - 1685 in Suffolk County, NY. Oddly enough, John Robinson's grandfather Johannes John Robinson (further back Robinson I have found so far) was born in England but came to Ipswich Massachusetts in 1635 and died there in 1643.

Whenever you find a new ancestor, it keeps searching and finds more later. Pretty interesting. Johannes John Robinson's son William was born in England in 1625 and lived to be 100.

Update - found my 10th great-grandfather Rev. John Robinson Jr, who has some historical significance. He was the pastor to the original Mayflower pilgrims. He was also a non-conformist, separatist and rabble-rouser, was imprisoned for a month and then fled England to Leiden, Netherlands. He planned to join the pilgrims in America but fell ill in 1625 and died.

rev john robinson.jpg

Here is a plaque dedicated to him in St. Peter's church in Leiden where he is buried:

6238808_1017602342.jpg

Had another breakthrough and now heading into the 15th century.

PS talk about white. Received my genetic origins analysis:

30% Ireland
29% England and Northwestern Europe
17% Scotland
10% Sweden and Denmark
8% Germanic Europe
6% Wales

rick81721

Lothar
Update - found my 10th great-grandfather Rev. John Robinson Jr, who has some historical significance. He was the pastor to the original Mayflower pilgrims. He was also a non-conformist, separatist and rabble-rouser, was imprisoned for a month and then fled England to Leiden, Netherlands. He planned to join the pilgrims in America but fell ill in 1625 and died.

View attachment 176207

Here is a plaque dedicated to him in St. Peter's church in Leiden where he is buried:

View attachment 176209

Had another breakthrough and now heading into the 15th century.

PS talk about white. Received my genetic origins analysis:

30% Ireland
29% England and Northwestern Europe
17% Scotland
10% Sweden and Denmark
8% Germanic Europe
6% Wales

Found the origins to our name Robinson. My 19th great-grandfather Brave Sir Robin:

gctItFFg_400x400.jpg

rick81721

Lothar
Going to the driving range is usually good for a laugh with so many hackers out there. Today I was two stations away and facing some clown who was taking 3/4 swings with his putter. I had to look away to keep from laughing. He must have hit a dozen balls. Here's the kicker - he finally puts it away, takes out his driver, and proceeds to hack balls about the same distance as his putter. Come on, man, find another hobby

serviceguy

Going to the driving range is usually good for a laugh with so many hackers out there. Today I was two stations away and facing some clown who was taking 3/4 swings with his putter. I had to look away to keep from laughing. He must have hit a dozen balls. Here's the kicker - he finally puts it away, takes out his driver, and proceeds to hack balls about the same distance as his putter. Come on, man, find another hobby
You have to start somewhere…

Top Bottom