Things that make you smile :)

w_b

Some say the Big A will be the undoing of our society, and they may well be, but when your 7+yr old Logitech mouse starts acting up, I challenge anyone to come up with a better solution. All these things make me smile.

Screenshot 2021-12-01 161213.png

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
So no dongle and less to go wrong?

well i replace the battery every 6 months, keyboard every year or so.
not sure i'd worry about non-catastrophic single points of failure sitting at a desk,
but i am a scientist, and you are the engineer, so there is that,

we'll check in with @shrpshtr325 - he probably worries about this stuff,

Reactions: w_b

iman29

not sure i'd worry about non-catastrophic single points of failure sitting at a desk,

Good timing I have a wireless keyboard and mouse for sale. 🤪

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's

my keyboard and mouse are rechargable and usable while charging, i dont worry about them going bad or failing, keyboards last numerous years and even before they were rechargable the batteries lasted a year or 3, not sure what your overthinking on this one.

p.s. if your on a desktop (or laptop in a dock) there is nothing wrong with wired devices, the wire serves an important purpose of preventing them from getting pushed off the desk and lost by paperwork.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
p.s. if your on a desktop (or laptop in a dock) there is nothing wrong with wired devices, the wire serves an important purpose of preventing them from getting pushed off the desk and lost by paperwork.

you have a cat?

I run wireless, and have wired spares ready. The only reason I can think of to run wired is if the keyboard and mouse are lighted,
or the mouse has very high resolution (gaming)

----------------
in other news, I replaced the core switch in my house for wired devices.
This includes running through second desktop switch.

1638447374853.png

I bet they prioritize the traffic to the speedtest servers.

johnbryanpeters

you have a cat?

I run wireless, and have wired spares ready. The only reason I can think of to run wired is if the keyboard and mouse are lighted,

----------------

View attachment 172079

I can't stand wireless keyboards and mice. I have enough batteries to fuck around with already.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
you have a cat?

----------------

View attachment 172079

we do have a cat, but hes 15 and sleeps all the time, also hates me and runs out of any room im in. he doesnt chew up wires if thats the point your making. I have wireless at home, the wired mouse was my at work setup (company provided) which i actually ended up replacing with a wireless setup, no wires here anymore (do chargers count? nahhh)

my keyboard and mouse are also capable of being paired with multiple recievers so i can hit a button and switch them between computers (great for WFH where i have work and personal computer on the same desk and screens with KVM)

who is your provider that you have so little upload?

rick81721

Lothar
we do have a cat, but hes 15 and sleeps all the time, also hates me and runs out of any room im in. he doesnt chew up wires if thats the point your making. I have wireless at home, the wired mouse was my at work setup (company provided) which i actually ended up replacing with a wireless setup, no wires here anymore (do chargers count? nahhh)

Same here - we have two cats - they never bother the wires around the computer (which is in the basement and they have 24 hr access) or any other wires for that matter.

Top Bottom