Things that make you smile :)

Did our good deed for the day. On the bike ride up to the Carlton reserve, we spotted a brown wallet along the road. Checked it out - full of credit cards, FL drivers license (and a commercial license), and over 400 clams in cash. Nothing with a Tele number so we kept going.. When we stopped in the reserve to take some pics, we found a card from a local dentist. Called and he was just there yesterday - they called him and he called us right back. Very grateful to learn his wallet was safe. Well grateful until he sees all the cash gone... just kidding!

Did our good deed for the day. On the bike ride up to the Carlton reserve, we spotted a brown wallet along the road. Checked it out - full of credit cards, FL drivers license (and a commercial license), and over 400 clams in cash. Nothing with a Tele number so we kept going.. When we stopped in the reserve to take some pics, we found a card from a local dentist. Called and he was just there yesterday - they called him and he called us right back. Very grateful to learn his wallet was safe. Well grateful until he sees all the cash gone... just kidding!
He's probably going to complain there was 800 clams in there when he lost it...

Similar story told to me by a few dudes from my gym many years ago. They're out in a section of Philly that has a few bars, find a wallet with like $50, DL, credit cards, etc. and back when it was courtesy to drop it into the nearest mailbox and it would be returned to the owner. They go into the next bar before finding a mailbox and it has a photo booth. So they all got into the photo booth for a strip of pictures, $50 of drinks in hand, slid the pics in the wallet and drop it in the mailbox. Bet that dude was smiling when he got his wallet back.

Last edited:
Yeah lost my wallet a few years ago after hitting an ATM machine to go on a bike tour from the US into CA. Two guys found it, got it to me that night, no cash missing.

I found a wallet maybe two years ago not far from where I lost mine. While trying to get it back to the guy I had to deal with weird drama that he was kicked out of his house by his family (the address on his license) and ended up getting in contact with him and he picked it up. Was totally confused I didn't want any $$.

He did have a crapton of gift cards in his wallet and I did kind of think of grabbing one just to mess with him... With a "no way did that guy return my wallet with all the cash and credit cards but steal the gift card to the yoga studio."

Three years ago, I found a wallet on the Rt. 22 jug handle for Glenside in Scotch Plains. The guy's license said it was a house on Crest Lane at the top of the ridge and I was already going that way. The weather was windy bitter cold at eight in the morning so I had my downhill helmet on. See illustration bottom row left:

HELM ENTS IMG_20190119_125103-01.jpg

Got to the dude's front door around 8:30am with his rather fat and illiquid wallet and knocked quietly, then more loudly. He stumbled up with a mildly pissed WTF look on his face and I held up his license. He opened the door and asked me how I had gotten that, not realizing that he was bereft. When I held up the wallet, he somewhat sheepishly and with a lot of gratitude offered me a reward, which I declined.

I ride by the back of his house maybe 30 or 40 times a year and often thought of stopping and asking for a cold beer.

Back
Top Bottom