Things that make you frown :(

Not sure. Don't follow politics at all...

Asking the impossible....too many players claiming they are the right way.
It would also mean 1 vulnerability would put the whole system at risk.

Got laid off right at the end of the year. Over 2 decades there and outsourced.

Upside is I got some time to log some mid week epics and help out with trail maintenance if any is ongoing. HMU.

what do you do?
(um, what would someone pay you to do? )

Got laid off right at the end of the year. Over 2 decades there and outsourced.

Upside is I got some time to log some mid week epics and help out with trail maintenance if any is ongoing. HMU.
This same thing happened to me in 2019 after 18.5 years with the company I was working for.

Did my most riding miles ever that year and got super fit. But riding doesn’t pay the bills either.

As @Patrick said share what your profession is and network on here and LinkedIn cause you never know who knows who.

what do you do?
(um, what would someone pay you to do? )
Code monkey, aka, software developer. Mostly enterprise/backend. After 20+ years in that side, looking to pivot to a different area of development. Starting to investigate what skills i might need to break in to something a more health/cycling aligned area like so many of the apps we use for our sport. That could be an avenue that would invigorate my interest.

This same thing happened to me in 2019 after 18.5 years with the company I was working for.

Did my most riding miles ever that year and got super fit. But riding doesn’t pay the bills either.

As @Patrick said share what your profession is and network on here and LinkedIn cause you never know who knows who.
And for me just in time for a long, cold winter. lol

Code monkey, aka, software developer. Mostly enterprise/backend. After 20+ years in that side, looking to pivot to a different area of development. Starting to investigate what skills i might need to break in to something a more health/cycling aligned area like so many of the apps we use for our sport. That could be an avenue that would invigorate my interest.

You'll probably be able to pick your job from a list.
Enjoy some time off, collect the Unemployment for a bit - and away you go.

Hopefully you got a good package and max out your unemployment if you can swing it. Always plenty of coding work out there. I've been out of work for over a year and just started looking. Took time off to tend to a sick parent, work on the house, take some classes at the local CC and just get myself mentally ready to do something different. I hear you with finding something that gets you out of bed in the morning. Before being laid off, I never really got beyond the COVID schedule where work really didn't matter much. I hear there are a few county ranger job openings if that perks your interest. Good luck with what ever you decide to do.

As an IT professional I guess this should be a smile since the security on my account worked. but the frown is more that some random asshat tried to hack my account. 🤬

If you don’t know what 2 factor authentication means for your ALL your online accounts let this serve as a reminder and PSA to be sure you do.

For me FB is relatively unimportant mostly for bike stuff buying selling and a few groups. But I still don’t want anyone pretending to be me online and mess with people I know.

No one in my family has a galaxy phone that should be using my FB account.

IMG_3914.png

As an IT professional I guess this should be a smile since the security on my account worked. but the frown is more that some random asshat tried to hack my account. 🤬

If you don’t know what 2 factor authentication means for your ALL your online accounts let this serve as a reminder and PSA to be sure you do.

For me FB is relatively unimportant mostly for bike stuff buying selling and a few groups. But I still don’t want anyone pretending to be me online and mess with people I know.

No one in my family has a galaxy phone that should be using my FB account.

View attachment 230565

You sure the email isn't the attack vector?

Needed to vent - sorry if it drags your day down here.

my good friend that I met cycling over 10 years ago that's been battling stage 4 lung cancer since last Feb (never smoked a day in his life) is now in ICU on a breathing tube with severe pneumonia. Just saw him a month ago at his Daughter's wedding that they told him he wasn't going to make it to when he was initially diagnosed.

Now it's a waiting game but it's not looking good when the doctors told his wife to have his kids come visit today..... #F*CKYOUCANCER .

😢😢

Needed to vent - sorry if it drags your day down here.

my good friend that I met cycling over 10 years ago that's been battling stage 4 lung cancer since last Feb (never smoked a day in his life) is now in ICU on a breathing tube with severe pneumonia. Just saw him a month ago at his Daughter's wedding that they told him he wasn't going to make it to when he was initially diagnosed.

Now it's a waiting game but it's not looking good when the doctors told his wife to have his kids come visit today..... #F*CKYOUCANCER .

😢😢
RIP Lee. 😭😢 1:11PM. 1/21/2024

One of the first people I met on a Saturday shop ride back around 2014 when I was depressed and fat and decided I was going to start riding road bikes for real. He convinced me to ride my first Gran Fondo event in 2015 and dragged my fat lard ass the whole 108 miles we got back to the finish they were literally taking down the finish line banner like 9.5 hours later.

This guy would give the shirt off his back and didn’t have a mean bone in his body. Over The last 10 years he got a raw deal in life but you would never know it talking to him.

I’m gonna really miss him I am crushed. This was us a month ago at his daughters wedding. 💔. That’s all I got for now.

IMG_1375.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom