Things that make you frown :(

What's the reasonably priced 'green' alternative to it then?
Solar, storage systems, and wind yada ya are evolving, increasing in efficiency. This said, in the larger sense, we need to get out of the marketing and growth cycle and there are way too many people. I don't believe at this point that human beings are capable of solving it overall, and am pretty sure that global warming will accelerate and eliminate us and a huge number of other species.

I did not try to "prove" a thing. I cited something on a wax lubricant manufacturer's site that, if you will stop frothing at the mouth and read some, leads back to some interesting chain wear and operating efficiency research. I have no position on the "best" lubricant.

U-238 is mined and some winds up in mining waste that will remain hazardous for a very long time.

Virtually no used commercial reactor fuel has been or is likely to be reprocessed.

I was working in the industry, on the design of a DNBR monitoring system, when Three Mile Island melted down and pretty much put the nuclear power companies down in the United States.

In my opinion, nuclear power would be an absolutely idiotic and immoral avenue to pursue, especially in a corporate context.
So we can't use nuclear, we can burn coal, what miracle clean power source are we supposed to use? Trilithium crystals in a warp core? U-238 has relatively low radioactivity as raw ore, its only when its enriched and the U-235 is separated out that things get more radioactive. You should stop now.

I don't believe at this point that human beings are capable of solving it overall, and am pretty sure that global warming will accelerate and eliminate us and a huge number of other species.

So humans with zero technology somehow managed to survive a much warmer period and multi-millenium glaciation but global warming will do us in? Good lord... where's that flat earth picture again 😄

Solar, storage systems, and wind yada ya are evolving, increasing in efficiency. This said, in the larger sense, we need to get out of the marketing and growth cycle and there are way too many people. I don't believe at this point that human beings are capable of solving it overall, and am pretty sure that global warming will accelerate and eliminate us and a huge number of other species.

yes things are evolving, but the sheer amount of landmass required for solar means its not a viable replacement for fossil fuels (speaking about PRESENT DAY generation capabilities) Wind is even less available than solar (you cant control the weather, at least not that im aware), and cant be a relied upon even where there is good wind, and what good are storage systems if you cant generate power beyond the grids needs? (not that current storage options are all that 'green' anyway, just look at what goes into making batteries and where all those chemicals and other materials go when the battery reaches EOL)

behind nuclear, solar is the best option currently available, but humans are an inherently ingenious species, something will be figured out

Pie in the sky hypothetical but what if, even with technology not yet fully developed, literally every building/home got some degree of solar or wind to generate some portion, even if just a small bit, of our energy consumption. I mean everyone. Wouldn't that drastically immensely reduce burning anything? That is the goal, taint it?
BTW, this happened today. Let me know what you all think. No rush...kinda.... https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/6869602002

Last edited:
Pie in the sky hypothetical but what if, even with technology not yet fully developed, literally every building/home got some degree of solar or wind to generate some portion, even if just a small bit, of our energy consumption. I mean everyone. Wouldn't that drastically immensely reduce burning anything? That is the goal, taint it?
BTW, this happened today. Let me know what you all think. No rush...kinda.... https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/6869602002
Putting solar on buildings is like electric cars, a temporary and inefficient stop-gap until the real innovation someday arrives, your basically robbing Peter to pay Paul. Solar has been around for over 60yrs with very little progression. The REAL innovation, like someone here already mentioned (I forget who and when), is to build a solar array in space, where it sees the sun 24/7, and wirelessly transfer the energy back to Earth, like the real Tesla died trying to figure out.

As far as Antarctica is concerned, the snow depth is increasing, meaning the glaciers are forever flowing, and at some point need to break off into the sea.

Going for the maiden voyage of the new to me light blue el mariachi, realize the brand new front wheel if completely deflated and as soon as I slid the pump over the valve the latter broke off, I probably over tightened the core. Or WTB valves suck. Either way. Had to be scooped up by the wife after a lonely walk of shame to Shepherd’s lake.
634DC301-3E25-4462-9EA0-329AB345025C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom