Things that make you frown :(

johnbryanpeters

Yikes, Boat right?
R-Pod 171. Two Trojan T-105s. Meltwater managed to make its way under the battery box cover. Copper crimp-on connectors and attached wire highlighted by red "circles" had been corroded to nothing. I chipped the ice off, replaced the blue wire and connectors, and hooked up my NOCO Genius G7200 battery charger this afternoon. and the batteries seem to be taking a charge.

serviceguy

Come on, Leo, ur a pretty big boy. It weighs a pound, which is worth it to avoid overplaying the "wife card."
It actually worked out, she entered the park the wrong way with the car and got told off by both the couple next door to us (they happened to be taking a stroll in the park just at the right time in the rightplace) and unknown strangers, she was so flustered that she completely forgot to complain having to come and rescue me. Needless to say I was very supportive;). To be honest I could have walked, I just did not feel like a 3 miles walk of shame.

carry a smaller tube for rescue.

Bad idea, I've done that back in the day when I was super safe and carried 3-yes-3-you read correctly-3 tubes every single time. Unfortunately they were the wrong size...too small a tube causes the tube to break at the valve, I broke 3 tubes in 15 minutes at my first JORBAFest just like that, my first (and only other) walk of shame (ironically it would have been the same route). I believe there isn't enough friction to prevent the tube from sliding inside the tire, and since the rim is sleek because of the tape the tube sticks to the tire and shears the valve off the tube. Works like a charm, if you're into shearing valves off inner tubes.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
It actually worked out, she entered the park the wrong way with the car and got told off by both the couple next door to us (they happened to be taking a stroll in the park just at the right time in the rightplace) and unknown strangers, she was so flustered that she completely forgot to complain having to come and rescue me. Needless to say I was very supportive;). To be honest I could have walked, I just did not feel like a 3 miles walk of shame.

Bad idea, I've done that back in the day when I was super safe and carried 3-yes-3-you read correctly-3 tubes every single time. Unfortunately they were the wrong size...too small a tube causes the tube to break at the valve, I broke 3 tubes in 15 minutes at my first JORBAFest just like that, my first (and only other) walk of shame (ironically it would have been the same route). I believe there isn't enough friction to prevent the tube from sliding inside the tire, and since the rim is sleek because of the tape the tube sticks to the tire and shears the valve off the tube. Works like a charm, if you're into shearing valves off inner tubes.
What happens when you cut the sidewall?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

Need to overfill it. Then go into limp mode.

JDurk

In all the years of riding, and riding with others, the only time I've seen a broken tubeless valve on the trail, was repaired with a tube.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I normally ride n limp mode, should it be limp^2 mode?

i'm not sure what would happen with limp^2
might be negative? or some orthogonal imaginary plane?
perhaps providing a faster way back, or leading someplace that Dante wrote about....

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Going for the maiden voyage of the new to me light blue el mariachi, realize the brand new front wheel if completely deflated and as soon as I slid the pump over the valve the latter broke off, I probably over tightened the core. Or WTB valves suck. Either way. Had to be scooped up by the wife after a lonely walk of shame to Shepherd’s lake.
View attachment 153269
Nice wife.... if it was my wife... I would have ended up as bear food

Cassinonorth

Really missing the live music!

I know a few here felling the same
Am I right @capedoc @ChrisG

Have tickets to peach fest 2020 that are pushed to this year but even that is not looking so good :(

I started actually going back and watching shitty cell phone videos that's how desperate I am.

Still hopeful for Riot Fest 2021.

29x2.6, the tube is massive. A brass tubeless valve in the emergency kit will have to do.

Tubolitos...expensive as hell but for an emergency, it's worth the tiny form factor.

serviceguy

In all the years of riding, and riding with others, the only time I've seen a broken tubeless valve on the trail, was repaired with a tube.
Even if I carried a spare tube I would rather change just the valve, a lot easier and faster as it doesn’t require to pop one side of the tire out and then back into the rim, which can be a PITA.

Last edited:

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
??? you have to pop the beat off to change the valve, and once you have enough off to get the valve back in the whole thing just slides right off, then you have the same work with or without the tube.

Top Bottom