Things that make you frown :(

Yes. And nope.
So if one side is sealed you should be able to see where the air is leaking. Things that have worked for me on difficult tires is just grabbing the leaking spot and pulling it towards the bead, or kind of lightly hitting the tire tread at that spot while keeping the air flowing in.

tenor.gif

I grew up on a farm and my dad did 99% of the work on the equipment himself. For stubborn tires that wouldn't seal with soap and water he would spray that bead with a bit of ether then blast with air. If they still weren't sealed he would put a lighter to the ether. The noise from that popping onto the bead was other worldly but we were dealing with much higher pressures. Not the safest method but it worked when nothing else would. Hope something works for you.

Posting here since there’s no ‘Things That Make You Really Fucking Angry’ thread.

A tubeless tire that won’t set no matter what you try. 🤬🤬🤬
For some really stubborn tires, I have used a tube to get the tire to take shape, let it sit for a day or three, then pull the tube out, install a valve and try again. On the recent Kenda tires I bought, the tube pressure made the tire actually seat on the rim, so I only had to break the bead on one side to get the tube out. The tire inflated tubeless without issue.

For some really stubborn tires, I have used a tube to get the tire to take shape, let it sit for a day or three, then pull the tube out, install a valve and try again. On the recent Kenda tires I bought, the tube pressure made the tire actually seat on the rim, so I only had to break the bead on one side to get the tube out. The tire inflated tubeless without issue.
See post #1539.

I grew up on a farm and my dad did 99% of the work on the equipment himself. For stubborn tires that wouldn't seal with soap and water he would spray that bead with a bit of ether then blast with air. If they still weren't sealed he would put a lighter to the ether. The noise from that popping onto the bead was other worldly but we were dealing with much higher pressures. Not the safest method but it worked when nothing else would. Hope something works for you.
So you agree, fire is the only answer! 😁

Ah… missed that post. You mentioned it's a UST rim. Is it a specifically UST labeled tire? I have some old UST rims and went through hell finding actual UST tires for them. They are kinda specific. A standard tubeless-ready tire won't necessarily work.

Ah… missed that post. You mentioned it's a UST rim. Is it a specifically UST labeled tire? I have some old UST rims and went through hell finding actual UST tires for them. They are kinda specific. A standard tubeless-ready tire won't necessarily work.

I missed it was UST as well, that's the issue. Running a tubeless ready tire more than likely. It'll seat but usually you'll need to throw a wrap or 2 of tubeless tape in there.

Again, see post #1539... "The front popped on with no issue using only my floor pump."
Same rim, same tubeless ready tire. Now do you sense my frustration? 😩

Back
Top Bottom