Things that make you frown :(

Got home from a great snow ride only to be told by wifey that the heat is not working 😡. Checked out flashing red light error code and observation diagnosed it as the igniter glow thingy. Quick shout out to iman29 who recommended universal supply in Wharton. Got a replacement part for 45 bucks and installed it myself. The heat is back up and running and new bike fund is untouched 👍
Glad it worked out !

Technically a snow ride and a cheap DIY repair belong under smile thread lol.

HVAC tech was here - furnace is done as the water leak can't be repaired.

the whole central Heat/AC system is 19 years old and we had installed when we moved to this house in 2003, so instead of paying to try and further diagnose and "maybe" fix it looks like I will be writing a big fat check very soon that makes paying $1000 to repair the oven this past week seem like childs play

At least for now its still working and heating the house and I can control the leak with towels.

HVAC tech was here - furnace is done as the water leak can't be repaired.

the whole central Heat/AC system is 19 years old and we had installed when we moved to this house in 2003, so instead of paying to try and further diagnose and "maybe" fix it looks like I will be writing a big fat check very soon that makes paying $1000 to repair the oven this past week seem like childs play

At least for now its still working and heating the house and I can control the leak with towels.

wait - it does your hot water? or is it a boiler, for hot water baseboard?

Where is the water coming from that it can't be fixed? There is condensate, but that is from the flue when heating, and the coils when cooling I'm confused.

i cant find it, but i thought he said it was the humidifier part of the assembly.

Edit: here it is

Now I have to call the HVAC repair place cause its leaking water somewhere from the humidifier into the central unit and I can't seem to narrow it down even after taking off the service panel....

Where is the water coming from that it can't be fixed? There is condensate, but that is from the flue when heating, and the coils when cooling I'm confused.
Does seem odd that it would be something that isn't repairable. But I haven't been a repairman in over a decade now.

I actually just ordered a new furnace/AC system for my house. $4500. Still need to order a new lineset and such. Going to swap it out sometime between winter and summer. I think it's 25 years old now, and I've already made major repairs to the indoor AC coil a couple years ago. I really don't see it lasting much longer, so I'm getting it out of the way on my own time.

Does seem odd that it would be something that isn't repairable. But I haven't been a repairman in over a decade now.

Probably working on commission like the service experts guys. Anything old should be replaced.

I thought it was the humidifier but it’s not. This was confirmed when I shut off the water feed to it as per the HVAC guy.

I could be explaining it wrong and I don’t 100% understand where it’s leaking from. I can attach some pics but honestly after a beer and nachos for stress eating session I decided the whole system is 20 years old and served us well so F it. Wife also doesn’t want to take any chances that it will break again.

Unless someone here has a compelling idea on how to fix it or what to look for send me a DM tmw.

snow storm.....park's closed. Finally got my driveway clear and the road has been plowed, not very well, but it's not deep.
Figure I'll ride the neighborhood and see what's going on. I took the bike with 2.8 new tires, very slippery ride for a mile.
Came back and took out the bike with 2.6 studded tires, no better, still very slippery out. Good day for testing anyway.
Saw my neighbor trying to get a chewed up newspaper out of his snow thrower and having no luck.
here is the main road
Dsc07747.jpg

snow storm.....park's closed. Finally got my driveway clear and the road has been plowed, not very well, but it's not deep.
Figure I'll ride the neighborhood and see what's going on. I took the bike with 2.8 new tires, very slippery ride for a mile.
Came back and took out the bike with 2.6 studded tires, no better, still very slippery out. Good day for testing anyway.
Saw my neighbor trying to get a chewed up newspaper out of his snow thrower and having no luck.
here is the main road
View attachment 177457
Sucking up a newspaper is the worst my tools of choice for removal are a blow torch and reciprocating saw!

and in the latest edition of "shit that breaks in my house" the microwave shit the bed last night just to round off the week. :mad:

picking up the new one at lunchtime today so that I can make my lunch in it when I get it home.
WTF! Are there a lot of Black cats in your hood. Holie Molie!🙄

WTF! Are there a lot of Black cats in your hood. Holie Molie!🙄

if he lost a m/w and ref controls it was probably some weird electrical spike/arc/brown out thing.
most likely caused by starting the snowblower and hitting the furnace, knocking an internal drain loose
which was clogged with snot rags from covid.
other than that, 2022 is off to a fine start :D

if he lost a m/w and ref controls it was probably some weird electrical spike/arc/brown out thing.
most likely caused by starting the snowblower and hitting the furnace, knocking an internal drain loose
I think that I have something like five surge suppressors at various locations in our small empire.

Edit: Perhaps the last three were installed properly...

That was Fn hilarious thanks I needed that.

Back
Top Bottom