Things that make you frown :(

ebarker9

I'm going to remove one light fixture and stick my camcorder up there, same as when I was trying (unsuccessfully) to capture on camera the source of the roof leak (this one for real, it was like having a little indoor waterfall during Ida) on the right side of the same ceiling.

One of the many projects I'm trying to revving up for is the replacement of the t&g boards on the ceiling with sheetrock...

Might be worth looking into the NJ program. Sounds like you have a pretty classic air sealing/insulation problem with your attic. Depending on the work you could wind up having it done nearly for free. I went through this last summer and it worked out really well.

iman29

Not much chance of any state mandated anything turning into a smile.
off to a good start - shout out to the one lady who joined while shes driving with her video on!!

and the lady who cant find the mute button or video button and told her husband no one can see him while he walked past in his boxers and no shirt.

might have to make a new thread and live blog this...

iman29

You can have fun with it. We had a community zoom meeting last month with our residents (nj home owners assoc) and someone un-muted and belched really loudly. Yes immature but I fell out of my chair laughing. @iman29 try it!
if i was sure that would get me dismissed i would try it.

but as per above the lady driving in her car might go first.

out of the 80 people online in this holding room i think 75 have no clue how this works.

BPaze

I think the start of this thread was about Jury Duty. Well today i have State Grand Jury Duty but its virtual. If we didnt have virtual it would have been canceled with the snow and icy roads today.

This should be interesting to see who forgets to mute their mic or block the camera when they think they already did. Actually this may turn into a smile depending on how entertaining this becomes.
I had to do this about 2 years ago and it totally stunk I think I wound up having to drive to Trenton 12 or 13 weeks. It was interesting to find out that Vineland NJ is apparently the worst place in NJ because half the cases seemed to be based there. Your lucky you can do it virtually would have been a better experience if I could.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
virtual grand jury...wow. they should go en masse and add a indict button.

serviceguy

Not saying anything bad about this crowd, but IPA=isopropyl alcohol NOT India Pale Ale.
Like the guy who poured NOS Energy drink into his GSXR.
And that is why I can't stand the use of acronyms in regular conversation, or technical, or legal etc...I was wondering what beer had to do with it...

Kaleidopete

This made me smile.
Driving down rt23 today about 9:30 AM to my doctors appointment, there is a section well known for catching speeders.
Up ahead I see the flashing lights and think, someone got a ticket!
Nope! It was an officer stopped to help a young lady with a baby in her arms. He was putting the lug wrench to the front wheel!
I don't know what happened, but that's something you don't see every day! In crappy weather conditions too. 😊
oops wrong thread

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I had to do this about 2 years ago and it totally stunk I think I wound up having to drive to Trenton 12 or 13 weeks. It was interesting to find out that Vineland NJ is apparently the worst place in NJ because half the cases seemed to be based there. Your lucky you can do it virtually would have been a better experience if I could.

Vineland/Millville/Bridgeton/Buena should be annexed by WV immediately.

iman29

Virtual only during February, then I have to go in person starting in March until June 3rd unless COVID dictates otherwise.

Its only every Friday, but it sucks cause its every Friday. oh well.

BPaze

Virtual only during February, then I have to go in person starting in March until June 3rd unless COVID dictates otherwise.

Its only every Friday, but it sucks cause its every Friday. oh well.
It is next to impossible to get dismissed unless it is a financial hardship, I told them I had to miss the first 6 weeks because my wife was having a kid and they said that is ok because there won't be many cases the first 6 weeks. The beginning and end seemed to be the slowest periods and they usually let you know the week before the odds of having to come the following week. If it was closer then I think it would have been better.

iman29

In the latest edition of appliance repairs, the oven decided it was going to start making popping sounds and wifey was having trouble any time she tried to use it for dinner last week.

It just seems every 2 years the burners/igniters get fried (baked?) so they have to get replaced. Got the repair place here yesterday (tech is someone we know and he also lives in the town) so he was able to come to the house as his last stop of the day on the same day I called.

Just as expected, both burners and igniters replaced, plus the one of the oven door hinges was shot so he had to replace both. This is a problem because the door wont seal shut properly and heat was escaping.

Final repair bill - $996.43 - OUCH! :mad: and that was with him only charging me cost for the parts AND taking off the diagnostic service charge of $195. On the flip side to try and replace this oven (Viking commerical 36" 6 burner oven/range) would be impossible right now since nothing is available for 6 months so FML.

Now I have to call the HVAC repair place cause its leaking water somewhere from the humidifier into the central unit and I can't seem to narrow it down even after taking off the service panel....

HiFiGuy

Got home from a great snow ride only to be told by wifey that the heat is not working 😡. Checked out flashing red light error code and observation diagnosed it as the igniter glow thingy. Quick shout out to iman29 who recommended universal supply in Wharton. Got a replacement part for 45 bucks and installed it myself. The heat is back up and running and new bike fund is untouched 👍

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Got home from a great snow ride only to be told by wifey that the heat is not working 😡. Checked out flashing red light error code and observation diagnosed it as the igniter glow thingy. Quick shout out to iman29 who recommended universal supply in Wharton. Got a replacement part for 45 bucks and installed it myself. The heat is back up and running and new bike fund is untouched 👍
Did you buy two?

Order another one online and leave near the furnace.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think the start of this thread was about Jury Duty. Well today i have State Grand Jury Duty but its virtual. If we didnt have virtual it would have been canceled with the snow and icy roads today.

This should be interesting to see who forgets to mute their mic or block the camera when they think they already did. Actually this may turn into a smile depending on how entertaining this becomes.
So my MiL & SiL had a good story from early in the pandemic-
Attending a Zoom funeral service, as things got underway, they watched a woman take off her shirt and proceed to eat a tuna fish sandwich in her bra.
Pretty sure she could monetize that with a subscription service.

Top Bottom