The (unofficial) Tour de Fat

Ran into the Tour de Fat at KVSP yesterday.
C8EA209A-C5CF-4986-9E16-6FD47DC97B52.jpeg

True to form, my boy was SSing fatty stylee.

Taking a lil break to rest a knee injury hopefully only a week

Wife took call tomorrow :( unless you want to ride around 6pm

This is very disappointing as I cleared my morning, either i inform client plans change and show up or stick with game plan and pretend you _____ _____ are there at the lot ?

Next time, it's been hot AF and doesn't make mtbing much appealing anywho. Time to drop that Seven Cycles from the rafters and dust her off. It's that time of the year and I am late to the pavement pounding party.

You boys own skinny tires we can switch this thing up for
https://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/headed-for-z-hillz.15802/

This is very disappointing as I cleared my morning, either i inform client plans change and show up or stick with game plan and pretend you _____ _____ are there at the lot ?

Next time, it's been hot AF and doesn't make mtbing much appealing anywho. Time to drop that Seven Cycles from the rafters and dust her off. It's that time of the year and I am late to the pavement pounding party.

My bad I thought you caught my post from earlier, I only drive on pavement and call people Fred

No but I may throw some ardent on and start hitting Columbia and paulinskill more to rest my knee

it's been hot AF and doesn't make mtbing much appealing anywho. Time to drop that Seven Cycles from the rafters and dust her off. It's that time of the year and I am late to the pavement pounding party.
Beg to differ here.
I’ll take the shade of the trails over baking on the pavement any summer day.
Just outrun the horseflies and skeeters, and you’re good.

Beg to differ here.
I’ll take the shade of the trails over baking on the pavement any summer day.
Just outrun the horseflies and skeeters, and you’re good.
You do realize most roads that I ride around here are tree lined, right? With no flies or skeeters. Maybe you should try it one day with me, you wont need more then two hands to keep count of the cars we see.

Can I have update please.

When i last left you, I am pretty sure I hadn't any consistency as work was being a bit of a bear. We left off at OOS Max and Brett tour of DP.

I got a ride solo at DP but nothing eventful, just followed up to see how the jorba TM went.

I followed that up by riding with P and the dog at KVSP, dont get here often because of dog conflict with other users. Yeah our dog wouldn't know how to react to a leash, sorry leash law advocates. She is purebreed mtb dog. So weekends are out at KVSP so we took advantage of a midweek jaunt. Ran into my man @jmanic towards the end. Still a fun park to ride. We helped put trails into this park when it was brand new before there was a jorba, so it's always cool to ride those.
20190703_133534.jpg

Then we packed the van and teens for a week up in lake George. We met up with @Patrick and his lady for food, fun and of course biking. Pat and I hit Gurney on tuesday for a seeing eye tour. It's not a big park and we covered most.
20190709_110455.jpg

Next day we went up to brant lake with P in tow. We kinda knew what was ahead until reality hit me. I was too tall of a gear to enjoy this on the SS. I trudged on but with too many stops to get the heart rate down. Supposedly there was a view which we didnt find but the payoff going down is always worth it. Pretty raw machine trails and pretty new but will get back here either smaller gear or better shape. Apparently @graveyardman67 has all the KOMs here except that bottom to top. Which I would assume he did and lost. I am sure it's on his agenda.
20190710_083326.jpg

Pat and the wife had left so next day I went back to gurney with my lady. She lasted about 10 minutes and bailed, wasnt feeling and had enough of the skeeters. I basically did most of what Pat and I did the other day. Found some other stuff then went back to meet Patty. She was taken in the parks foot trails and gardens.
20190710_090008.jpg

Rinse and repeat, dropped the kids at great escape which is a 6 flags park for the second time this week. Dropped P at the pool at gurney and put a proper loop tying gurney together like local rider would. This place is fun and fast. Almost all the trails are machine made. Kinda raystown like but a bit narrower and smaller scale. Too bad we cant get more action of this type in my hood, would make life much easier in the trail building scheme of things.
Just in case your near here that week.
20190712_155302.jpg

Ok almost caught up. Got back home yesterday and had my sunday open. Decided that it's time to get on with adding more mtb miles. Been stuck in the 8-12 range with my rides. So the plan today was 2 parks and 20 miles. I am happy to say mission accomplished.
20190714_141856.jpg

I actually felt great, all of Stephen's I kept say man I could go all day. Except 1. 2 bottles of water 2. No food before or during 3. No GU tabs. By the time i hit the orange wall back into Deer Park i realize these last few miles were gonna hurt. All in all they didn't and I survived, other then another OTB and shin slam. Make that 3 dirt naps in a month and a half. I would say progress is being had.
20190714_115300.jpg

Wildlife shot for today, beautiful rat snake...
20190714_130317.jpg

Back
Top Bottom