The (unofficial) Tour de Fat

keep on with the keeping on my man.
I’ll be back out there with you soon.

@mattybfat The view from Brandt lake is not obvious. If you take Ricks Run (at the top of the climb go straight across), follow to the end where it intersects Constellation (after the rock roller). At this point you need to make a left and go the opposite direction of Constellation, the trails drops a little to an opening and the terminus of the hiking trail, there's the view. That climb is a bitch!

I'm still around playing with bikes :)

Day started with frown with FFT and broken spoke on the fatty

BuT

This morning like ordinary citizen in my fancy lycra because I still have my skinny. Morning meditation with my lady.
20190922_174412.jpg

To super hero with boy wonder
IMG_1348.jpg

It twas a good day...
Ended with a smile :)

I've got the N+1 itch
I have been holding off of the big hit trail/ park bike
It's a phase I go through every year. Trying to resist but it's becoming a bit more difficult.

Top of the list is
The Offering

Need to do some demos, wish I had time to run down Halters pivot demo as firebird is on that list.

Obviously Santa Cruz is on the list

Ibis ripmo also

Taking suggestions and if you have a large come ride with me or better yet maybe dont and I can keep the money in my pocket :)

I love my Nomad, but I bought it for 70-30 Park v Trail. The new Bronson has all the benefits of the Nomad with in more trail appropriate configuration. Worth a look. :)

Man I am terrible at keeping up with this blob.

Been hanging my hat on at least 3 rides a week. Tuesdays fight club has been keeping me in the game. For whatever reason I been spending a little more time lying on the dirt. Even my day at creek saw me go down.

Have not touched the road bike for the second year, crazy. Which means all dirt all the time :)

I destroyed my front LB carbon fat wheel which after 3 years which is pretty good I guess. So i swapped to my 29+ wheelset and switched backed to gears. Gotta say i am not tough enough for SS around these parts anymore. I mean I can get it done but the knees are taking a beating and it's not as fun.

Had planned to go to waway but at last second pulled into tranquility lot instead. Had a super chill ride with my lady. Love the fall and the colors are peak...

20191026_132656.jpg

Peaceful moment with Schilling...
20191026_132539.jpg

Finally got out on a demo Remedy. I became interested after scouring reviews which overall comes with high marks. So I wanted to see if this can be part of the stable.

A while back I demoed the megatower and did not fall in love with it. Too be fair one ride without fiddling does not make a bike. There was something and it maybe the super long bike with wagonwheel feel. I am looking for long travel trail bike for both local and bike park riding to cut down the herd.

As I did with the mega I brought it to mooch and ran it on same course as the mega. It climbed really well and handled the chunk as expected. Downhill it was very definite in handling and I contributed this to the 27.5 wheels. First half of the long run on cardiac I had to pull over as suspension felt harsh. Checking rebound and such I realized it wasnt the suspension but the tires had probably 40psi, duh. Never noticed until then. What a difference.

All in all I need to go back and grab this bike for a full weekend with shock and tire pumps
On hand and fiddle with suspension on my ride. I felt the fit to be really well with some personal tweaks. I already had them confirm to swap to my DH bars on next demo.

I also want to grab jdogs bronson for a weekend close to this one for a back to back comparison.

20200129_131421.jpg
20200129_131455.jpg

Comparison of size of that rock drop that I never saw before :eek:
20200129_131519.jpg

Get a Cannondale Jekyll !

How am I the first to say this?

Back
Top Bottom