The Ultimate Bike Transporter Classic Car

vanvanj

1959 Studebaker Lark for sale.259 V8, auto, no/ac, heat, horn, runs like a champ, starts right up. 4 newer tires all around.
I bought this car to insure it as a classic, I was quoted $171 At haggerty for the year but was unaware that I needed a primary car with insurance as well. I dont have a primary car so this isn't going to work plus normal insurance and my driving history makes this car very expensive to insure for me. This Lark is totally ready for the road and has had all of the safety items done and I have receipts to show.

- Frame intact, passes safety inspection
- NO RUST through frame
- New brake return hardware
- Wheel bearings repacked
- Brake lines checked
- Brake master cylinder replaced
- Brake fluid changed out
- Ignition components replaced (coil, condensor)
- Extra ignition components included (cap, rotor, points, plugs, wires)
- All original interior
- All original engine
- Mechanical fuel pump bypassed with Carter Electric in-line pump
- New fuel filter
- All lamps work
- Turnsignals work
- Ignition system works
- New fan belt
- New generator securing hardware
- Does NOT diesel
- Does NOT stall
- Does NOT overheat
- New wiper blades
- Wipers WORK
- Turn signals WORK most of the time. Switch may be dirty.
- Heater fan WORKS
- High/Low headlight beam WORKS
- Horn WORKS
- All original glass
- No hazards
- Yakima roof rack towers and bars INCLUDED only to mtbnj members

What does it "need":
To be clear, this is a turn key car on the road today that starts and stops on dime. It needs nothing mechanical and would drive anywhere. But if you are looking to spruce it up:

- Interior floor bodywork - some replacement sheet metal necessary, has some rather big holes
- Interior needs to be reupholstered (or drive it as-is for that hippie feel)
- Exterior has bumps that need to be hammered out
- Clearly needs old paint scraped off and a paint job
- Needs bumpers straightened
- Body mounts probably need to be replaced. Rear passenger body mount is rusted
- Body has underbody rust, needs some welding repair and a coat of POR-15, or just lay carpeting over it and turn up the tunes, speakers need to be connected
-Driver side rear door is stuck

I bought this car on sheer impulse and its a blast to drive, gets a lot of attention but I need Something more practical I'm asking $1600 cash or trade for running lower mileage minivan or pickup truck for my business. Please make me a reasonable offer, I just won the car on ebay last week, bought it on credit and know NOTHING about old cars, stupid buy on my part. Does not come with title because cars pre1973 didn't need one, got the current reg and bill of sale. It was pretty easy actually to register this car at the dreaded Queens DMV. I tried to be honest about describing this car to the best of my ability and from the previous owners accounts

Please call or text me at 917-504-6950 to see and test drive the car. $1600 cash b/o for more pics click here: http://s1316.photobucket.com/user/59StudeLark/library/
http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums...E-3906-000001A4A20C089B_zps3e2ccc53.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom