The Social Distancing in Isolation Contest & Never-ending Peter Pan Positivity Parlay

I guess this is the right place to post this. We are entering Day 6 of precautionary quarantine. My son developed a fever/flu like symptoms on Friday, but did not warrant testing because we can not figure out a direct link to exposure for the 12 days prior. He has underlying asthma/allergy issues which complicate things. Last night was the toughest, I have never been more terrified in my life.

He started ABs last night to address potential underlying bacterial infection, and he woke up with a 97.9 temp! Second, and not nearly as important is that my new job role started today. We are not out of the woods yet, but once this is over, I am going to have an expensive water bottle repair...
Hang in there brother! As you said, hopefully its just an anomaly and passes quickly. The fever breaking is such a sigh of relief...

I guess this is the right place to post this. We are entering Day 6 of precautionary quarantine. My son developed a fever/flu like symptoms on Friday, but did not warrant testing because we can not figure out a direct link to exposure for the 12 days prior. He has underlying asthma/allergy issues which complicate things. Last night was the toughest, I have never been more terrified in my life.

He started ABs last night to address potential underlying bacterial infection, and he woke up with a 97.9 temp! Second, and not nearly as important is that my new job role started today. We are not out of the woods yet, but once this is over, I am going to have an expensive water bottle repair...

Thinking about ya & the boy - we'll ride and imbibe!! then post about both.

4/1/2020

Got out for a quick Nooner ride to do some high cadence and random sprints. Tried to PR a local climb; blew up 1/2 way up. I guess the extra lbs i know i am putting on are only good for PRs on the downhills. still glad to get outside while officially WFH again.

Neglected to take any pics so here's a screen shot of my strava ride which is lame but oh well.

1585768137798.png

quote from today's zoom call with my highschool friends: "in twenty years the (edit) world will be run by people who were home schooled by daytime-drinkers"

and the unanimous response was "how's that different from today"

Last edited:
4/1

I can no longer shop happily.
---
My niece is now distance learning for her second semester sophomore year at college.
She realized that she no longer walks to class or the food court. Doesn't even have to leave the house really.
I'm going to guess moving from the sweat pants to something else might not have gone so well.
She called to get the bike up and running! Can't say no to that.

1585776793682.png

I haven't seen her ride it yet - but the ape hangers are badass.
oh, and she is joining OOS - doesn't know it yet.
:p
She haz megaRange! shimano 14-34 7sp - look at that jump baby!
shifts smooth too.

1585776918262.png

Last edited:
04/01/2020.

Came down from WFH time and doggo was whining desperately only at me to go on the leash. Took a short walk with her and found some cool sidewalk art and some desperate parents sending messages.

I feel for all yous with young ones I really do.
F4800AD8-9A92-4D8C-B32E-F685C89A4E98.jpeg
E753FF46-A0DA-4294-9C10-0FBAD922FBA0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom