01/13/2020

Moving time 1 - 00:10:32
Moving time 2 - 00:11:57
Moving time 3 - 00:43:40

Total moving time - 01:06:09

Commute
Commute
JRA

No photos. Took the MTB out around Madison after dark, some short gravel and dirt walking paths around town. I was going to ride the power lines out to the abandoned Triborough Bridge over 24, but the ground was super soft and squishy, so I went the other direction and rode thru a mud bomb. :dead:
Humidity was crazy.

pygmypony

tuesday 1/14
moving time 1:18
https://www.strava.com/activities/3010692939

dropped the car off for service...took the long way home...

@jimvreeland you weren't lying these tracks are brutal! especially between plainfield ave and the greenway overpass by st joes...it wasn't too bad from roosevelt park to that point

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 3.03.14 PM.png

Mountain Bike Mike

Yes, however if it straight up dark, no.

wow - ok - thanks

I missed a bonus point yesterday at sunset then based on this. i was debating taking a citibike over to the hudson river to snap a sunset time pic and since it was so cloudy, i didn’t as it wouldn’t count.

If the bonus competition comes down to a couple point difference and the no sun / sun rise / sun set point bonus contributed to the difference, that would be a valid dispute especially since the rules / criteria continue to shift during the bonus period.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
wow - ok - thanks

I missed a bonus point yesterday at sunset then based on this. i was debating taking a citibike over to the hudson river to snap a sunset time pic and since it was so cloudy, i didn’t as it wouldn’t count.

If the bonus competition comes down to a couple point difference and the no sun / sun rise / sun set point bonus contributed to the difference, that would be a valid dispute especially since the rules / criteria continue to shift during the bonus period.
We have abandoned such requirement as it has proven to be too confusing. If it doesn’t look like the hour around sunrise/set, it will not be counted. It also needs to be of the horizon/sky.
couple things, it is on you that you decided not to take the picture from a citibike. If the rules were in question you could have taken and see what happened. If you were paying attention, @Soundguy has received the bonus when taking the picture without the sun, so that was an indication the sun didn’t need to be seen. In my quote above, I addressed that the horizon/sky needs to be in the picture.

Johnny Utah

I was paying attention which is what prompted the clarification inquiry.
ok - so now there is another stipulation added “horizon / sky”
Without the horizon/sky how else are we supposed to be able to judge the time of day? As previously pointed out the time of sunrise/sunset varies with your geographical location (this revolation blew the BIYF team away) so we cannot go off time.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
BONUS ALERT: 1-13 through 1-19 enjoy the sunrise/sunset bonus. Take a picture of either you in your riding gear or your bike on your qualifying ride during either sunset or sunrise with the aforementioned in the picture (including the sunset/sunrise) and enjoy a 1 point bonus. One point per day limit.

I was paying attention which is what prompted the clarification inquiry.
ok - so now there is another stipulation added “horizon / sky”
Quoted above is @Johnny Utah original, unedited bonus alert. It clearly says including the sunset/sunrise, which would requires the horizon/sky:

The reason I note this is because of your picture today, of which I reviewed the location on Google Maps since the picture did not show up on your route (maybe it is in the buffer zone). Anyways, if you notice, the Google Man's direction confirms that you did not take your picture facing the sunrise, as you were facing SouthWest. Hence, you were not taking a picture of the sunrise, so this picture is not valid for the bonus.

rising_sun.jpg
rising_sun_inset.jpg

Top Bottom