The REAL BIYF

Mountain Bike Mike

Quoted above is @Johnny Utah original, unedited bonus alert. It clearly says including the sunset/sunrise, which would requires the horizon/sky:

The reason I note this is because of your picture today, of which I reviewed the location on Google Maps since the picture did not show up on your route (maybe it is in the buffer zone). Anyways, if you notice, the Google Man's direction confirms that you did not take your picture facing the sunrise, as you were facing SouthWest. Hence, you were not taking a picture of the sunrise, so this picture is not valid for the bonus.

View attachment 116400View attachment 116401

that is impressive amount of research you’re doing to determine if all the pics taken of sunrise / sunsets are valid. You doing this for everyone?

Probably wouldn’t have been able to capture the road sign “Rising Sun” had I directly faced east. However the view in all direction appeared the same - Grey / Clouds. I ask that this can be included in the bonus as it took some creativity to find a relative sunrise road sign along my 40 mile route around the time of the actual sunrise since the sun was hidden behind clouds this morning.

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
that is impressive amount of research you’re doing to determine if all the pics taken of sunrise / sunsets are valid. You doing this for everyone?

Probably wouldn’t have been able to capture the road sign “Rising Sun” had I directly faced east. However the view in all direction appeared the same - Grey / Clouds. I ask that this can be included in the bonus as it took some creativity to find a relative sunrise road sign along my 40 mile route around the time of the actual sunrise since the sun was hidden behind clouds this morning.
The amount of research was in response to your questioning of the rules.
While a good attempt at convincing the BIYF Committee, it would appear you live in very close proximity to Rising Sun Road (based on your strava privacy buffer), hence the plea to include, based on the argument of the rarity of that sign in a 40 mile route, is denied.
The committee would also like to note, that if you had taken the picture in the opposite direction (where a sign is present in Google Streetview) it would like be approved as you would have been facing east.

Mountain Bike Mike

The amount of research was in response to your questioning of the rules.
While a good attempt at convincing the BIYF Committee, it would appear you live in very close proximity to Rising Sun Road (based on your strava privacy buffer), hence the plea to include, based on the argument of the rarity of that sign in a 40 mile route, is denied.
The committee would also like to note, that if you had taken the picture in the opposite direction (where a sign is present in Google Streetview) it would like be approved as you would have been facing east.

thank you for your time and consideration.

rick81721

Lothar
1/15

3:17

https://strava.app.link/nv6DuHGZg3

First longer ride on the systemsix - did a metric 100. Feels pretty well dialed in but thinking the saddle is going to go. Ass got sore after 50 miles.

And got up once this week early for a stupid bonus:

IMG_20200115_075001_125.jpg

At Manasota key

IMG_20200115_084253_939.jpg

On the way home, spotted a black racer. These things are impossible to catch - tried again and came up empty

IMG_20200115_104819_644.jpg

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Top Bottom