The Queen got a neo-classic Convertible

What? Ours is 26 years old, 130,000mi, i replaced the top, timing belt, and the air filter every spring cause the mice steal it.
it currently has a parasitic draw problem....almost .5 amps, on the list of things to fix. oh, and it is that color too!
Can't find the pic of @mattybfat in it....
46mpg - maybe @THATmanMANNY would like to buy it?
A 500mA draw? You should be able to find that with a IR heat gun. Just poke around until you find something warmer than ambient air temperature. Diode in the alternator first guess.

A 500mA draw? You should be able to find that with a IR heat gun. Just poke around until you find something warmer than ambient air temperature. Diode in the alternator first guess.

thanks - there is a relay in the under-hood box - i think it is labeled "junction" - which i pulled and took out .38 amps.
there is also a small draw in the lighting circuit (pulled in-cabin fuse) - i should just put in a "master off" like an airplane.
it isn't the cabin light, there isn't an under hood. the dash lights aren't stuck on, no glove box light....etc. i need to disconnect
the radio too - it is an aftermarket jenson - pos.

will disconnect the alternator and see if i owe you one!

thanks - there is a relay in the under-hood box - i think it is labeled "junction" - which i pulled and took out .38 amps.
there is also a small draw in the lighting circuit (pulled in-cabin fuse) - i should just put in a "master off" like an airplane.
it isn't the cabin light, there isn't an under hood. the dash lights aren't stuck on, no glove box light....etc. i need to disconnect
the radio too - it is an aftermarket jenson - pos.

will disconnect the alternator and see if i owe you one!
Radio second guess. Using the temp gun is quick and dirty, but a real time saver.

My spouse would like to replace the Geo Metro Convertible with a roadster from
the late 1950s, through 60s - maybe a little later. no need for matching numbers,
and restomod would be great. can need paint and a little work, but not something from the farm field.

i was thinking jag xk! but too $$$ and she says it is too 'burly'

currently she likes the look of

Nash-Healy (1951 version) - i'd imagine these are impossible to find, and way too much $$$
Fiat 124
356b (Replica seems reasonable?)
Karmann Ghia (for example only)
Corvair (no, just no)
MGB
TR4/TR5 (maybe)
56-62 Corvette - now we are talking - drop in a 327 with a modern transmission....i can dream.
Amphicar 770 - :dead:

what else is in this class of car ?
Where would you source it?

what she doesn't want:
Muscle
Pony
Anything that the governor and his family would use in a parade
Street Rod (when can i start the hemi t-bucket project?)
wheel base of the TR7 and Bronco 2 are similar (bronco 9" longer) - how about an off-road TR7 with 12" of lift?

Thoughts? Pictures?
ebay301009.jpg

Austin Healey 3000
Bugeyed Sprite
or
Sunbeam Alpine (mid 60s)

If you go with an MGB stay away from the rubber bumpers. Conversion to chrome bumpers is a pain and they are smog machines.

I had an old Volvo P1800 I played with in high school. Fun cars. There are convertibles floating around out there of those.

1960_porsche_356b_cabriolet_1530911088d565ef66e7dff9f356bd-940x705.jpg
sc0516-251685_1@2x.jpg

Back
Top Bottom