The Queen got a neo-classic Convertible

When I replace the convertible top on the Boxster, would it be ok to change it from a plastic window to glass? Same roof, but will the Porsche police exclude me like the reindeer with the red nose?

Reason being is the plastic window doesn't always fold correctly, and it is recommended to get out of the car and crease it with the roof partially retracted.

The glass window is significantly smaller, but who is driving with the top up?

Over thinking it?

When I replace the convertible top on the Boxster, would it be ok to change it from a plastic window to glass? Same roof, but will the Porsche police exclude me like the reindeer with the red nose?

Reason being is the plastic window doesn't always fold correctly, and it is recommended to get out of the car and crease it with the roof partially retracted.

Over thinking it?
Overthink.

In this case, to me it’s a get what you want and what works for you. It’s the start of customizing., like aftermarket pipes on a bike.

Over thinking it?
Remove the top entirely. Less weight and a place to put a jacket or two.

Just ordered wheel spacers to "fill the wells"
needed new lug bolts anyway - the old ones had rusted.

I've started a search for the hardtop option - for absolutely no good reason. If i find one in red i'll grab it.
Still shopping for a new soft-top too. Waiting for confirmation on the glass window swap.

Still have a few trinkets to install.

hula-girl.gif

I've started a search for the hardtop option - for absolutely no good reason. If i find one in red i'll grab it.
Still shopping for a new soft-top too. Waiting for confirmation on the glass window swap.

I still have some 17" wheels if you want to further "fill the wells" :)

Sounds like the only good reason for lug bolts vs studs. Ability to get longer ones easily for wheel spacers.

Sniffing upgrades.

The Queen has noticed the dated elements of the 986, and is now somewhat P-car aware.
At least when we are driving down the road, she wants to know what models we are seeing.
The 911 Cab got her worked-up a bit, but the back seat ? They also don't look as good with the top down as a Boxster.

While I don't like this color red, his logic (ok, rant?) seems so familiar?

2013 981 Roadster

1641656087288.png

2013 911 Cabriolet

1641656039725.png

Last edited:
Sniffing upgrades.

The Queen has noticed the dated elements of the 986, and is now somewhat P-car aware.
At least when we are driving down the road, she wants to know what models we are seeing.
The 911 Cab got her worked-up a bit, but the back seat ? They also don't look as good with the top down as a Boxster.

While I don't like this color red, his logic (ok, rant?) seems so familiar?

2013 981 Roadster

View attachment 175544

2013 911 Cabriolet

View attachment 175543

Time to upgrade to a 987! Fantastic drivers cars and much better build, and you can still get them in red 😉. After i sell the RS I may look for one to tool around in

Time to upgrade to a 987! Fantastic drivers cars and much better build, and you can still get them in red 😉. After i sell the RS I may look for one to tool around in

987 boxster S looks good - think i want "the modern" 981 GTS.

now to find one to set the hook? :D

Need to start the 986 next warm(ish) day - think it has been 3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom