The Queen got a neo-classic Convertible

jklett

Meetup at Conclave tonight?

@Carson ?
@Mare45
@jklett

+whomever.

Note: I haven't driven a car using conventional headlights in quite some time. It was a bit of a shock.
If I don't wind up taking the family to the beach for ice cream I'm in but they've been throwing that idea at me all morning. My heels have been dug in pretty good(every time we all go somewhere we have to pack into the tiny Honda or my truck) but it's 4 against 1. I really want to see this car.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Spotted today on 287 on the way to a ride at Wawayanda. No pics as they were headed in the opposite direction, fast:

red Z8 😍
Red C2 convertible
Silver Evora
Ruby Red 2nd Gen NSX
White 911 (looked to be a GTS but couldn’t be sure)

Must have been Fathers Day or something.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Speedometer reads 4-5 mph high in the highway range.
forum says it is normal.
i call BS. wait till i get the torque app fired up.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
I figured this would go on for a few more years and recently lost track… Congrats and great choice. Pretty reliable. My dad had auctioned off his 57 Les Paul and used the $(that and a Camry-don’t ask) to buy a new a new Boxter in 2008. Only issue in 5 years of ownership was a blown fuse(easy fix). Hope you and the Queen enjoy it for many years to come. Beautiful color!

serviceguy

Not sure if this would be the right thread nor why this came to mind now but I suddenly have an itch to get a Renault 4 with opening roof. I can definitely see one of myEl Mars hanging in the back of one of these bad boys!

Look at this beast of an engine!

1961_-_Renault_4_25406_global_en.jpg

Kiss my a$$ Jeep!

Renault_25423_global_en.jpg

Does stairs better than Fabio Wibmer!
Renault_25407_global_enA.jpg

Patrick

Staff member
While having dinner and maybe some wine last night, the group was able to justify my F car purchase
which gained instant (intoxicated?) approval from The Queen. Her birthday is March 8 - 308!
Why oh why wasn't she born on April 30th.....

1982-Ferrari-308-GTBi-3.jpg

Ferrari_F430_front_20080605.jpg

Last edited:

JerseyPete

Life is too damn short to be wrenching. Get the 430 if financially possible.
Wasn't there someone on here who had the 308 for a short drivable time, then sold it?
Driving a newer car has so many advantages, and it was a good choice when you bought the Boxster instead of an old MG or Triumph.

Price difference is not too far apart:
308, $93K

430, $103K

Then there is the 360, $91.5K

Patrick

Staff member
Wasn't there someone on here who had the 308 for a short drivable time, then sold it?
Driving a newer car has so many advantages, and it was a good choice when you bought the Boxster instead of an old MG or Triumph.

308, $93K

430, $103K

would probably be the 308 gtb in my price range ;)
maybe a flood car :D

Do like the 328 too. something about that series.

rick81721

Lothar

308, $93K

430, $103K

Or if you are smart, for the same price buy a 2022 C8 Z06 corvette that has a full warranty and will drive circles around those dinosaurs. And has a flat plane crank 5.5 liter motor that will sound just like a Ferrari!

JerseyPete

Or if you are smart, for the same price buy a 2022 C8 Z06 corvette that has a full warranty and will drive circles around those dinosaurs. And has a flat plane crank 5.5 liter motor that will sound just like a Ferrari!

Hes Right You Know GIFs | Tenor

But I think Patrick wants a manual.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's

18 month wait. And my buddy with the new C8 has an appointment with Chevy already. Multiple interior pieces misaligned or poping off. This is after it shipped with the wrong wheels.

#likearock

Patrick

Staff member
The Queen got to stand next to a clean MB SL55 today.

Gotta think she was impressed by the lux+sport combo.

Mars Red or Fire Opal Red or Fire Mist Red Metalic ?

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
18 month wait. And my buddy with the new C8 has an appointment with Chevy already. Multiple interior pieces misaligned or poping off. This is after it shipped with the wrong wheels.

#likearock
He was raving about how great it accelerates and handles though. Who needs build quality. :banana:

Top Bottom