The Photo Finish Not Online Not Race

damn, just did a write up of the crash and accidentally closed the window, so here the bullets:

-didn't plan to ride, option to ride presented itself and I took it
-banging out an hour and having one of the good days
-using the strava app because garmin is being sent back, but know I am moving good
-fly into hopewell, moving around some slow cars like it ain't no bodies business, I am the f'ing man
-approach 518 and Carter Road, which is a tight, hard right at a light, very tight intersection
-lean into turn, notice 1" of gravel in apex
-too late, I am sliding into 2nd
-cars waiting at light miss green because I slid in front of the 1st car waiting
-some dude gives me an unopneded bottle of water
-some other dude pours it on my meaty pawl
-ride home, pedaling mechanics are fine, grapefruit on the side of my right knee doe
-still end up with a 19.9 average
-get home, son gets first lesson in treating wound yourself
-includes trimming dead skin, he donates an unopened phineas and ferb tooth brush to scrub my hand, he also helps take x-rays and says I am ok
-injury report: meaty paw on right hand, minor scraps both fore arms, minor swelbow, bruise inside left knee, large bruise, swelling outside right knee, road rash hip, road rash ankle and somehow didn't rip my shorts (ummm, thank you pile of gravel?)

i can't see half the pictures because they are blocked at work now. so i'll have to do this from my phone. so i fell off the contest wagon; but we are all winners here, aren't we?

pat - i think that's unfortunately my best side. i do really like that pic though. had no idea you were picture taking.

kev wins for most dramatic effort.

Ok, since you guys started it, my face smashing masterpiece!
I'm still gun shy on the rocks, and I think I chipped a bone in my cheek as its kinda lumpy. Doh. Funniest part was the urgent care place. A handful of kids in there for soccer type sprains and such all recoiled at the mess I dragged in there. Even the nurse looked somewhat horrified. :D

Last edited:
My son discovered the old mod bike this weekend.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404778069.290653.jpg

i vote for mitch. the bike in that pic really highlights the scale of the scene.

Jim , nice shot. Can't you wait to post yours? I don't have photo shop and your shots are do cool. :)

Back
Top Bottom