The most poorly organized bike race?!?

Reminds me of the pro race that used to be in Trenton. The course was shaped like a dumbbell. They went through the start finish in both directions with a small loop at each end. Made it super fun to spectate as you saw them twice per lap. If racers were dropped, they got pulled. Occasionally a break would form. In that case, each group had to stay on their side of the road when passing.

Hard to tell what was going on in the video. Racer, car, and official were somehow intertwined off-camera? Then not enough time to control the scene.

The human race never fails to demonstrate its potential for stupidity.

Even w/o a crash, just having that marshall out there totally unprotected (not even bright clothing...let alone some real means of protecting her) with bikes going 30 mph in both directions......wow. The stupidity is profound.

Wow! Great publicity for road biking events. That sure looked like a hit and run on a public road when the bike ran over the guy and kept on trucking.

I hope he met his time goal in the race after that.

Wow! Great publicity for road biking events. That sure looked like a hit and run on a public road when the bike ran over the guy and kept on trucking.

I hope he met his time goal in the race after that.

At first I thought someone ran over her outstretched arm but it wasn't. She had her arms tucked in. The only person that hit her after she,was down was the,guy who tried to bunny hop her

PDF-CrystalCup2013.jpg

yeah.... the middle of the street shoulda been roped off or something..... or... shoulda been a big loop. Maybe next year

Last edited:
If they are going to block the road like that for the race anyway, why the hell didn't they have barriers up to differentiate the two sides? They wouldn't have even needed the course marshall if they had barriers.

For the past few years, there was a Sunday crit in Doylestown the day after the old Univest race (this year that race was in Bucks County, but I don't think they did the crit the next day.) Anyway, I was watching it the first year with my father-in-law and we were standing right near one of the corners. At one point, this completely oblivious woman starts to walk out on to the street. This guy right in front of us reaches over and grabs her by the collar and yanks her back and she starts screaming, but not two seconds after he got her off the street, the entire peloton came around that corner at plus 30 mph. Another guy there filmed it and we were watching it afterward and it gave me a chill to see how close it all came to carnage (someone could have very easily been killed -- they were really flying as they came around that corner.) You could see that just as her feet got up on the curb, the first tire was hitting right where she would have been standing.

it also goes to show that sometimes people don't understand just how fast you can move on a bike, and how hard it is to stop. like when you get right hooked.

roadies :rolleyes:

feel sorry for the marshall for her to find out that she is too large to even bunnyhop over

guys I'm joking maybe half joking :popcorn: but honestly, did that roadie really think he could hop her with her laying there tall ways? wtf, have a brain!

Last edited:
dude, he is a roadie

regardless, it was something for that guy and he learned the hard way

Edit: every roadie can't be a former DJ rider

Last edited:
roadies :rolleyes:

feel sorry for the marshall for her to find out that she is too large to even bunnyhop over

guys I'm joking maybe half joking :popcorn: but honestly, did that roadie really think he could hop her with her laying there tall ways? wtf, have a brain!

when you're flying down the road doing 20+ mph..... there's not much time to think, only time to react.

Of course... many roadies are also mountain bikers, as well as cyclocross riders.... there are people here on MTBJ that ride road also (and cross)

Back
Top Bottom