The MetsThread

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Feeling a bit cheated - again.

This thread started during the 2015 run.

It could have been so much different if Collins pulled Harvey in the WS, even if he let him go out, then pulled him after the first runner.
No shattered Dark Knight.

But it really isn't about me. Like with Gooden, the weight of The City is stifling.
The lures of the after-party too enticing.

They had the talent to captain the ship, but the crew failed them.

Stay on the road. Keep clear of the moors.

Even heeded, the road isn't safe.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
I was just talking to my Pastor about the Mets the other day when I found out he's also a Met fan. I've been a fan since I was a kid and our little league took us to one of their games. I think if they took us to a Yankee game instead I probably would be a Yankee fan. I told him a friend of mine used to date a Met (Jeff Innis) and through her I was able to go to their games as a family member because he didn't have any family in the NY area. Special parking, entered through the media entrance, sat with the player's wives and girlfriends. Sad to hear from my Pastor that Jeff died last year due to cancer.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Come on. Even if he pulled him, the next guy would’ve got shelled and you’d be saying “if only Terry left the Dark Knight in!”

It was KC’s year…

wasn't about the loss, it was crushing Harvey's confidence. Public failure in a huge spot on a national stage.
Might have contributed to the drug use.

At least the Mets made it to a world series in the last 10 years...Yanks gone and ghosted their fans. :D

kidzach

Come on. Even if he pulled him, the next guy would’ve got shelled and you’d be saying “if only Terry left the Dark Knight in!”

It was KC’s year…
KC was the better team for sure. Harvey was a victim of himself. He bought into all his own hype and partied like a rock star.

kidzach

Thor will be missed. I know the Angels paid a lot. But the Mets once again blew it by letting Syndergaard move on. He should have been locked up with a solid contract. One season after letting Wheeler move on. Baseball is an arms race. As usual the Mets are getting crushed in this space. Lets see which bullpen arm they will totally over use this season?

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Got out of the shower just in time to see Escobar's triple for the cycle; God damn, it's fun to be a Mets fan again!
Ohhhhhh, now you did it ... don't you know that anytime someone says "It's fun to be a Mets fan" the universe shifts just enough to tip our fortunes toward a months long skid into irrelevancy? Hell's demon in charge of shitty middle relief pitching just perked up his ears and said, "I'll give you 'fun' ..."

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ohhhhhh, now you did it ... don't you know that anytime someone says "It's fun to be a Mets fan" the universe shifts just enough to tip our fortunes toward a months long skid into irrelevancy? Hell's demon in charge of shitty middle relief pitching just perked up his ears and said, "I'll give you 'fun' ..."
Spoken like a true wilpon Era fan
These aren't your dad's mets these are finally worthy bought goods. Cleaning that brodie stench off. Funny how spending instead of retreading budget players actually works, just ask across town.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Spoken like a true wilpon Era fan
These aren't your dad's mets these are finally worthy bought goods. Cleaning that brodie stench off. Funny how spending instead of retreading budget players actually works, just ask across town.
And yet ... 7-0 loss, Alonso's wrist and Marte's quad ...

The futility of Met fandom goes back before even the Wilpons. They were just one realization of just how many different ways this team manages to screw up.

Top Bottom