The July 31/31 Classic p/b Halter's, JORBA, & MTBNJ

Day 11 ✔️

My life has been ruled by baseball this week, so I mostly got in short road rides. Today games were over by Cheesquake so I did a little exploring there before Game #1. Small, rooty, sandy.....but nice to be on single track.

https://www.strava.com/activities/5611495914

Image-1 (36).jpg

Day 11 - More dirt at Pennypack.

Hero dirt conditions with a few puddles in the usual spots. And briars... and nettles... and it looks like I was the first to ride through many of the trails and cleared a LOT of spider webs...

The MINI and the silver VW SUV belong to friends, although I didn't see them on the trails. I really need to wash the poor bike. 😶
1626031416349.png

Tomorrow afternoon looks iffy, weather-wise... so it might be another o-dark early quick spin. Although the morning looks potentially wet as well.

JIYF21-11: Take it to the bridge
https://strava.app.link/FqDFThErOhb
1626032188163.png

Got out with @Shaggz today-
Had this ride in mind, and today it came together with the new bridge in place on the Sussex branch trail just north (?) of town.
Amazing how quickly some of this work gets done- I think we saw the area staked out about 2 weeks ago, another week there were footings, and blammo now we got a proper bridge.
49D9F675-7FDE-4C35-94E2-F11EB42ACDC2.jpeg

Was good to have company, even if he is a bit of a jerk.

Edit: Almost forgot- about 10 minutes into the ride, a horsefly bit me on the arm in a spot of poison ivy that had just stopped itching. (Last thing he did)
So it gets all itchy again in new ways.
I guess Mother Nature felt bad and provided some prickers on our route to give me some relief
390CEF06-7766-446C-8771-E097DAA08F4A.jpeg

Last edited:
I am officially out of the 31/31, I guess I pushed myself a little over my limits but today after working on the house for much needed maintenance I can’t bring myself to get on the bike. Or do much else. I guess my mulligan is no longer valid so please adjust the score accordingly. Still going for the 20+ though...

Can I get clarification on Mulligan? Local Weldon WMA is an hour loop. It really needs a lot of cleanup, pruning, downed trees cleared, etc. If I do rolling TM on loop and record 2+ hours total time, does that count?

Can I get clarification on Mulligan? Local Weldon WMA is an hour loop. It really needs a lot of cleanup, pruning, downed trees cleared, etc. If I do rolling TM on loop and record 2+ hours total time, does that count?
Sounds legit to me, but I don't count.

On Everett's right by 202 and Copper Hill, didn't register that it was you until you were past. Was riding with my friend Larry who had the Boxster when we cruised to that big car show.

I am officially out of the 31/31, I guess I pushed myself a little over my limits but today after working on the house for much needed maintenance I can’t bring myself to get on the bike. Or do much else. I guess my mulligan is no longer valid so please adjust the score accordingly. Still going for the 20+ though...

Wait, I may have some energy left to pull some stunts...stay tuned.

Back
Top Bottom