The July 31/31 Classic p/b Halter's, JORBA, & MTBNJ

My secret to training myself to get up early was set the alarm 15 minutes earlier than the “normal” time for a week. Then another 15 for a week, and another, etc. it works.

the downside? Once you train your body to wake up early, sleeping in is a rare occurrence. I’ll wake up at 6:15 and consider that sleeping in.
I never heard of this before and it is genius.

Woke up at 6 and it was still raining. AccuWeather showed after 7 should be good. Got in a slow roll on the SS.
Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/tIIr1OLIKhb
Screenshot_20210709-094516_Strava.jpg

My secret to training myself to get up early was set the alarm 15 minutes earlier than the “normal” time for a week. Then another 15 for a week, and another, etc. it works.

the downside? Once you train your body to wake up early, sleeping in is a rare occurrence. I’ll wake up at 6:15 and consider that sleeping in.
No, no, I do wake up at about 5:00 a.m. every day but I can't get myself to go out on the bike that early...

Last edited:
JIYF21-09: Check out the big brain on Brett!
https://strava.app.link/OQAAQ23RKhb

So looked like there was a window in the rain, decided to roll out, but stay close in case it opened up again.
Settled on hitting the local cemetery for some “interred”-vals.
D66451F4-39B4-4E62-8A01-FFDAEA5A4DAC.jpeg

A couple of my usual paths were flooded, forcing me to find new loops.
They are actually better.

I found it incredibly pleasant-
Mostly shaded, well paved and quiet.
Just me and a herd of deer.

A couple rules out of respect:
1) no riding if anyone is in there
2) watch where you snot rocket

And this makes total sense to me:
1625846273324.png

If I don’t label my Ziplocs, I don’t know if I’m pulling chili or tomato sauce out of the freezer.

7/9

1:27

https://www.strava.com/activities/5600360867

7/20+

Nothing of consequence today. Actually a little west wind so went west first. Almost home, as I was entered our development, I heard what sounded like screaming. A little further, I noticed some clown walking on the sidewalk with ear buds, singing along to whatever he was listening to as loudly as possible. It was quite disturbing

Oh and forgot to take a pic so once home, took one of my pinky - turns out my near amputation during yesterday's 6mr ride was greatly exaggerated - a little swollen and nicked but just hyperextended one joint. Was able to play the piano last night without issue (i.e. terribly)

20210709_121122.jpg

Last edited:
I think this is my 7th ride in the 20+/31 category.

There was no way to ride yesterday due to anniversary time, but once the storms cleared out for lunchtime today it was perfect timing.

Met up with one of the regulars around here and we did our go to "west loop". Got hot and steamy out and then on the way back we saw a cloud formation heading our way but figured we had time. The loop we did passes the Flanders trailhead for Columbia trail and we saw a tree down right at the first 100 feet on the way out. On the way back we pulled in and move it as much as we could to create some space but it was too big to do anything else - and neither of us wanted to risk Poison Ivy. Not claiming this as TM just was something we thought to do to be helpful and to prevent trampling the sides of the trail .

despite the cloud I did the extra .5 miles to drop him at his house, and on the way back the dark cloud got much closer. I was literally 3 blocks away from the house and started to feel the raindrops. Once i got in the garage, a short deluge of rain hit even though for about 50 miles around town there was nothing. I was thinking it might have felt good to get caught in that while riding but glad I didn't have to dry out my shoes.

1625855945067.png

1625856077802.png

1625856231614.png

1625856271085.png
1625856298246.png

Back
Top Bottom