The July 31/31 Classic p/b Halter's, JORBA, & MTBNJ

Shaggz

A strong 7
This weather is starting to get old. My legs were raw and I was soaked after hitting the WMA spur. 3/31 in the books.

strava5263099756047983679_352851321287168.jpg

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/K0ZTau4RAhb

iman29

2 of 3 for 20+ out of 31.

I was convinced the forecast meant a wet rain ride and had the MTB ready to go for some local loops on the road. Road bike is in the shop again anyway the stupid rear hub acting up again.

Insomnia almost had me roll back over but when I checked the radar it said low chance. Dragged myself out of bed and was on the bike within 20 minutes.

Glad it was kinda cool and limited people around on the Trail. Started out a little
Too fast had to dial it back on the way back keeping in mind that I don’t usually ride more than 4-5 days in a row without a break.

1FAE5966-4B0A-488B-B0B1-8E46894EC325.png
BC2D6DC2-28DD-428C-A582-98E6A0AC9942.jpeg

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Day 3 ✔️
Took an easy day and cruised around Hoffman Park with the dog, some friends and one of their daughters. I must have stopped too many times because Strava calculated my time as 57mins even though running time was well over an hour. I’ll go ride my bike around the block a few times.
4E6E6DC3-92E2-488F-9563-3B68D2277D1E.jpeg

Rode the most neglected bike in the garage (the DJ) around the block to complete the hour.
0BBDE2E3-29EB-43B7-B8E5-BD9901AF489A.jpeg

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Day 3 ✔️?
Took an easy day and cruised around Hoffman Park with the dog, some friends and one of their daughters. I must have stopped too many times because Strava calculated my time as 57mins even though running time was well over an hour. I’ll go ride my bike around the block a few times.
View attachment 161019

I am sure I have said this and will say this again - I worked at Hoffman Farms when it was an actual farm, end of high school and start of college. I drove a tractor around cutting fields, throwing apples at cows, putting cows back into the fields, fixing fences, and so on.

Albert Hoffman was one of the founders of the Hoffman Beverage Company. As far as I know one of (if not the first) soda companies in the US. He died in 1993 and his wife Joyce in 2006, who is really who I worked for. She was a horrible driver.

Gene

The Dancing Machine
Day 3 ✔️
View attachment 161019
Rode the most neglected bike in the garage (the DJ) around the block to complete the hour.
View attachment 161020
Now that’s a great group ride

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Day 3 in the books.

Jumped on the Marin again. And you wonder, why in the world are you riding a 30 year old mtb with hybrid tires around your hood.
Didn't you just set up your 'cross bike with gravel tires? Why yes, yes I did.
I set it up tubeless a few months back, but the rims don't have hooks, so if left on their own (ignored), when they lose air, they'll come off the shoulder of the rim.
Requires a compressor to reseat, and by now all the sealant is dried up. I just don't trust it.
Got the tubes sitting on the table, ready to go the classic way.
What about the roadie? Not interested in getting my fat *ss rattled by the super stiff frame.
So there ya go.

Here is an iron bridge. Not The Iron Bridge, just an iron bridge.

View attachment 161011

The Sourland Ridge not obscured by clouds.

View attachment 161012

1:24 moving
I know that bridge, I must have just missed you.

serviceguy

3/31

this is getting old, what have you guys done to me?!! Almost got a dry ride, some drizzle got me a minute from home, literally. So much for the simplicity of SS, the chain straete making a grinding sound 20 minutes into the ride, which was almost entirely on tarmac (I talked Elma into believing she’s a gravel bike, so far so good, even though I saw a blank storm chaser frame on sale that is very distracting...). Anyhow, here it goes.

https://www.strava.com/activities/5569803012

A1542CB7-7846-4110-AFA7-8FE5FCD4C17E.jpeg

Top Bottom